Looking for something to sip that will make you say “cheers”? These 30+ cocktails to make at home are all quick and easy and totally delicious.
You KNOW I'm a wine lover, but I also really enjoy making mixed drinks! I find it really fun to use different types of liquor and mix them with fresh, seasonal flavors to create delicious drink recipes (I especially love vodka recipes!).
My recipes don't usually require special ingredients or tools so anyone can make them.
You're going to love these easy cocktail ideas!
I only share things I love and think you'll like too. This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase through one of these links, I am compensated.
If this gets overwhelming because I have a LOT of easy cocktails to make, just use the search bar at the top of the page.
Cocktails to Make at Home
Since I'm not an expert (just a mom who likes to unwind with an adult beverage from time to time) I like to keep my cocktail recipes easy and without fancy techniques.
These cocktail recipes are great for parties or just having friends over to hang out (or, on rare occasions, drinking by yourself whilst hiding from your kids in your closet – you KNOW the type of days I'm talking about).
I'm not linking every single recipe from this page, but all are only a click or two away. This is my way of keeping things organized by liquor or drink type.
Cocktails to Make with Vodka
While I love creating fun cocktails recipes with a variety of liquor, I have an almost alarming number of different kinds of vodka in my cupboard. Over the years, various companies have sent me bottles to use in recipe posts.
So I decided to focus on vodka recipes, which are super refreshing and quick to make, to work my way through the alcohol. Vodka is super popular, there are a bunch of inexpensive brands to choose from and its versatile.
So I knew that many of my readers would be able to make the recipes I share.
You can see all of them here: VODKA RECIPES TO MAKE FOR HAPPY HOUR
Here are just a few of the recipes you'll find:
- Easy Lemon Pellegrino Vodka Cocktail | Only 2 ingredients and it's super refreshing.
- Apple Juice Mojito | A delicious twist on another classic cocktail.
- Slushy Vodka Sunrise | Perfect for summer! (This is my most popular cocktail!)
- Blood Orange Vodka Martini | SO refreshing. This one is great in warm weather.
Scroll through all the vodka recipes here.
Homemade Tequila Cocktails
Tequila gets a bad rap (thanks, college)! Over the years I've grown to really love it. These easy tequila based cocktails to make at home are perfect for your next fiesta.
- Strawberry Basil Margarita | Basil and strawberry is one of my favorite flavor combos.
- Best Frozen Margarita | My sister shared this recipe with me! So good and SO easy!
- Spiced Clementine Soda Margarita | If you're a fan of Izze soda, you'll love this cocktail idea!
- Patron Mojito | I'm a tequila fan so clearly I LOVE this take on a mojito.
- Easiest Pitcher Margaritas | Because sometimes you need a pitcher full of margaritas.
- Chelada Recipe | I like beer and love tequila, so this just makes sense.
- Blended Cucumber Margarita | I learned how to make this one on a trip to Mexico. You'll like this more than you think you would.
- Serrano Margarita | I love serranos in my guacamole and my margaritas.
- Prickly Pear Cocktail | Tequila, cucumber and prickly pear cactus water. This one feels like it's straight from the desert.
- Peach Paloma | Grapefruit juice makes every cocktail better.
- Watermelon Margarita | Mint and watermelon is a great combo.
You may also want to check out these yummy margarita cupcakes because sometimes you just have to eat your tequila.
Wine Cocktails to Try
Most often, you can find me drinking a glass of nice, crisp white wine. But cocktail recipes are truly fun to make and serve. Wine Cocktails are my jam and I totally nerd out over them when I see them on a restaurant's cocktail menu. Here are the recipes I've created that I know you'll love!
You can get the full recipes here: WINE COCKTAILS TO MAKE YOUR MOUTH HAPPY
- White Wine Spritzer | My go-to drink for summer and day drinking.
- Red Wine Smoothie | People seem to REALLY like this unique cocktail idea that is perfect for warm weather!
- Strawberry Lemonade Champagne Float | A fun recipe for a girl's night in!
- White Zin Cocktail with Spiced Rum | Seriously the most delicious cocktail for drinking by a pool! Don't let the White Zin scare you!
- Aperol Spritz | Bright orange and a fun warm evening sipper.
Check out all my wine cocktails.
Moscow Mule Variations For a Night In
Maybe it's because I love anything that lets me buy new accessories (copper mugs are the cutest!), but I adore making all different kinds of Moscow Mules. These easy recipes are tasty twists on the classic.
- Green Moscow Mule | This green juice-based Mule is not just for St. Patrick's Day!
- Bourbon Moscow Mule | This is my most searched Moscow Mule recipe! YUM!
- Lemon Blueberry Moscow Mule | This spring-inspired Mule is fresh and flavorful.
- Cinnamon Whiskey Mule | A little bit spicy and a whole lot of cinnamon-y goodness.
- Kombucha Mule Recipe | Swap out the ginger beer for Kombucha for this yummy twist on the classic.
Browse all the Moscow Mule Variations.
Sip on These Rum Cocktails
- Spiced Daiquiri | I've always associate daiquiris with 1980's style spring breaks, but this cocktail will blow your mind!
- Coconut White Russian with Coconut Rum | Flavored rums are awesome.
- We Rum this Punch Recipe | I entered this punch in a contest. I didn't win. But really, I did. Because this punch is awesome!
- Coffee Coconut White Russian | A great brunch cocktail. Because coffee. Duh.
- Pineapple Cherry Lemonade | Pineapple flavored rum is a delicious addition to some cherry lemonade.
- 7 Up Pineapple Rum Float | OMG. This delicious cocktail is perfect for people who love desserts! My mom-in-law fell in love with this one!
Gin Cocktails to Make at Home
- Blood Orange Sorbet Gin Float | Super refreshing and not overly sweet!
- Corpse Reviver 2 | The name sounds crazy and it requires absinth and Lillet, but you HAVE to try this! It's crazy delicious.
It's very clear that I am neglecting Gin. I really should start experimenting more with it!
- Spiced Cranberry Whiskey Cocktail | Perfect to drink near the holidays.
- Best Old Fashioned Recipe | A classic. Everyone should know how to make one.
- Bourbon Moscow Mule | Also known as a Kentucky Mule. Pretty much anything mixed with ginger beer is tasty.
- Pine Infused Old Fashioned | Requires pine simple syrup but this one is great for holiday parties!
- Blackberry Whiskey Lemonade | A great way to drink bourbon in the summer.
- Bourbon Milk Punch (non dairy) | A classic recipe with an almond milk twist.
- Summer Strawberry Whiskey Sour | This smoky cocktail is a great way to bring your favorite whiskey drink into summer.
- Whisky Cocktails for Men and Women | Whiskey isn't just for men! Here are a few drinks that work for your mixed crowds.
- Apple Bourbon Cocktail | Refreshing and delicious! You'll love this yummy apple cocktail!
Miscellaneous Recipes for At Home Cocktails
- Amaro Cocktails | Amaro is an Italian herbal liquor and it's great with orange flavored vodka (see recipe below!)
- Beer Floats | These are great for Father's Day! Pick a chocolate stout for a delicious dessert cocktail.
Cocktail Recipe Lists for Every Occasion
- 7 Marmalade and Jam Cocktails | Jams and marmalades are a great way to add a fruity flavor to your cocktail recipe.
- 20 Fun New Year's Drinks and Cocktail Ideas (that work any time of the year) | Celebratory drinks to make for your parties or solo sipping.
- Yummy Grapefruit Juice Cocktails | Grapefruit juice is so versatile. Don't forget how easy it is to make a yummy cocktail with just a few ingredients!
- Awesome Fall Cocktails to Make | These flavors are traditionally favored in fall, but sometimes you need a little cozy comfort the rest of the year too.
Other Recipes (and cheats!) for Cocktail Making at Home
- Cinnamon Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup | Yuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
- Cheater Simple Syrup | For when you want to make a cocktail and don't want to make a whole batch of simple syrup (or buy it because you literally only need 1/2 ounce).
- Bitters and Soda | A great “cocktail” for when you want to sip something yummy but still need to mom someone.
- Make a Rose Rimmer for Champagne and Other Cocktails | A pretty little addition to your champagne flute.
Pin These Easy Cocktails for Later
Easy recipes are good for home entertaining, summer vacations and Tuesdays. What are your favorite cocktails to make at home? Let me know in the comments!