I call this a Spiced Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail it can also be called Christmas in a glass.
With just a few ingredients, this flavorful drink is perfect to serve at all your holiday parties.
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn from qualifying purchases by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I also participate in affiliate programs for other retailers.
Originally posted December, 2014. I’ve since updated the post to include better photos and more detailed recipe information.
A few years ago I had a delicious spiced cranberry cocktail at Mozza and I had to figure out how to recreate it. It tasted like the holidays and I had to figure out how to get that flavor at home.
So I played around in the kitchen and came up with this recipe which I think is pretty dang close to the original.
I love the vibrant color and the yummy, yummy flavor.
Once you make a batch of flavored juice, you can easily make several of these cocktails at one time which means this is THE drink to serve at all your holiday parties.
How to make a Spiced Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
You simply start with store-bought cranberry juice and then jazz it up by infusing it with warm holiday spices. I shared this Spiced Cranberry Juice recipe in a separate post so be sure to check that out too.
Once the jazzed up cranberry juice is made, you can easily put together cocktails for the next few weeks.
And if you had to, you could use plain cranberry juice and still get a delicious drink. But the spices really make it next level.
Make a batch of the Spiced Cranberry Juice.
Add the infused cranberry juice and bourbon in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake it up.
Strain the cocktail into a glass over fresh ice. Top with ginger beer and give it a little stir.
Grate some fresh nutmeg right on top. Your nose will thank you.
If you can’t find fresh whole nutmeg, you can use the ground. But fresh nutmeg is exceptional.
Holiday in a glass. Boom.
This is the perfect holiday party beverage. Or for a cozy night by a fire.
Holiday cocktails make me happy. Who am I kidding, any cocktails make me happy.
With a tart flavor and a bright pinky red color, this cocktail is one to sip and share while you’re waiting for Santa to arrive.
Want more delicious Holiday Cocktail Ideas? Check out these recipes:
- A Scotch Mule is smoky and refreshing. If you love whiskey, you’ll love this Mule that is perfect for winter.
- And Apple Cider Mule is fun to make and sip with friends. The addition of whiskey makes it full of flavor!
- Just 2 ingredients, this Fireball and Ginger Ale cocktail is super easy and delicious to drink!
- Want something warm and cozy without alcohol? Make this Slow Cooker Mulled Cider.
Spiced Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
Spiced Cranberry Juice
- 1 bottle 64 oz. Cranberry Juice I like Langers best
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and cut in to large chunks
- 3 cinnamon sticks cracked
- 3/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
For the Cocktail:
- 3 oz spiced cranberry juice recipe above
- 1.5 oz Bourbon
- 3 oz. Ginger Beer
For the spiced cranberry juice:
- In a saucepan, add cranberry juice, ginger, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 45 minutes.
- The juice will reduce a little bit but not become syrupy.
- Once cooled, strain with cheesecloth or a coffee filter in to a container.
- Add spiced cranberry juice and Bourbon to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake well.
- Strain in to a glass with ice.
- Top with 3 oz. of ginger beer and give a quick stir.
- Grate fresh nutmeg on top of each cocktail.
- Recipe above makes approximately 2 cocktails depending on your size of glass.
Pin to save this Spiced Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail for later.