This 2 ingredient Vodka Soda with San Pellegrino Limonata is THE BEST!
The crisp, sparkling lemon soda is sweet and delicious. Served over ice with your favorite vodka, this simple Pellegrino drink is refreshing and totally popular with my girlfriends.
You can drink this super easy cocktail any time of the year but I especially love this one in spring or summer.
With just a few ingredients, this Lemon Vodka Soda is one of my favorite vodka recipes to make!
2 Ingredient San Pellegrino Limonata Vodka Soda!
It's ridiculously easy to keep all of the ingredients to make this yummy lemon cocktail on hand! This beverage is VERY easy drinking.
So check yourself before you wreck yourself...
I can't take credit for this San Pellegrino drink. A friend made it for me as we lounged in her pool one hot, hot, summer day.
But it is ridiculously delicious, super refreshing and painfully simple so I knew I had to share. If it ain't easy, I'm not doing it. It's one of my favorite 2 Ingredient Cocktail Recipes ever.
There have been so many times when I've taken the items to make a Corpse Reviver 2 but this is even easier to bring. I mean, absinthe? Really?! I know I am an over-packer but even I roll my eyes at this.
What is Vodka Soda?
Vodka soda is a portion of vodka, mixed with a soda - or bubbly beverage. The classic recipe is with soda water. Often you need to add a little squeeze of citrus to it for extra flavor. (Don't like vodka? You can also make a Tequila Soda).
A traditional Vodka Soda isn't sweet. But can be sweetened up depending on what type of soda you use.
What is the Best Type of Soda?
The best type of soda is totally up to you and your taste preferences. If you don't like sweet drinks, then you would want to stick with club soda (also sometimes called sparkling water).
If you want something sweeter, San Pellegrino Limonata is a great option. But you can also do something like Vodka and Coke. Vodka will literally work with any liquid.
What Kind of Drink is San Pellegrino Limonata?
San Pellegrino lemon is a sparkling beverage that is said to transport you to the hills Italy. That's a big promise for a drink. But it sure does taste great with a little vodka in it.
It has more sugar than coke, so this is not a low cal beverage. But the taste is crisp and tastes more bitter than a traditional lemonade. It's super refreshing on a hot day.
Pellegrino Drink Ingredients
You guys, it's just San Pellegrino and vodka. So easy. And you're going to totally love it.
- Vodka- You can see my quick review for Beluga vodka in my Long Vodka post!
- Pellegrino Limonata This sparkling lemon Italian soda is not found at every grocery store, so keep your eyes out so you know where to find them when you need them. You can buy it on Amazon.
Steps to make San Pellegrino and Soda:
- Pour. It's that easy.
- It's roughly one part vodka to 3 parts San Pellegrino Limonata.
There's no real step by step here because there really isn't anything special. Just add the two ingredients over ice. Doesn't matter which order
Hot tip: Do NOT put this in a cocktail shake it and shake like crazy. You will have a huge vodka soda mess on your hands. (Never shake carbonated beverages...)
Yup. That's it. I'm not a heavy drinker (even though I feel like this blog and my Instagram would suggest otherwise. :) If you don't like a strong drink, start with 1 oz. of vodka.
If you want to get turnt, add more. Sorry, I was watching Real Housewives of Atlanta last night and Eva wanted to turn up for her bachelorette party in Tokyo...
This Limonata drink is my favorite flavor of the sparkling soda! But what I love about this recipe is that you can use any San Pellegrino flavor you want!
And they have delicious options like grapefruit and blood orange.
If you are having a pool party, you could easily grab some of the flavors and set up a little do it yourself bar for people to put together their own drinks. That's the kind of hostess I am... :)
This vodka soda drink idea is so great because it's a quick and easy San Pellegrino cocktail but you can also serve the San Pellegrino to non-drinking guests. It's a double threat.
A simple lemon garnish is all you need. Or not. Whatever I'm not the garnish police.
I love this recipe because it is easy to make just one or a bunch of them. One can of lemon San Pellegrino soda made about 3 cocktails when served in lowball glasses.
The glass I used in the above image is really skinny so you could probably get about 3 cocktails out of a can this way too.
So, to recap, you can either have a lovely evening with a few gal pals or a rip-roaring night by yourself. I'm not here to judge. Do what you need to do.
And if you want to get all gourmet on this beeyotch think about muddling some fresh herbs in the glass first. Mmmmmmmm.
I first shared this easy Pellegrino drink on the blog in 2012. Can you believe it?! My photography and style have changed so much back then. But I still support the use of the plastic monkey.
What flavor would you choose for your Pellegrino drink??
If you enjoy easy cocktails you should check out some of these other simple recipes.
- Vodka Cocktails with Pineapple Juice - Kick off your summer with these easy and fruity Vodka Cocktails with Pineapple Juice. These fun mixed drink recipes use the sweet and tart juice that is hard to resist.
- Pear Vodka Martini - Is it pear season yet? This classy Pear Vodka Martini uses pear nectar and a touch of fresh lime juice to create a yummy spring cocktail idea that you'll want to share with friends.
- Slushy Vodka Sunrise - Like an adult snowcone, this icy version of a Vodka Sunrise is one of my go-to summer cocktail ideas. With orange juice and grenadine, this drink is colorful and full of fruity flavor.
- How to Make DIY Flavored Vodka - Easily change up any of your favorite vodka-based cocktails once you know how to make DIY Flavored Vodka! Infuse your favorite spirit with all kinds of different flavors with this step by step tutorial.
If lemon is more your thing, these refreshing cocktail ideas, with a hit of citrus should be added to your "to make" list this weekend.
- Blueberry Lemonade Moscow Mule - Jazz up your favorite lemonade with a little vodka and blueberry! This Blueberry Lemonade Moscow Mule is a spring twist on the classic cocktail recipe that you'll be craving!
- Pineapple Cherry Lemonade with Vodka - My mom always makes my kids a sweet cherry lemonade with grenadine so I decided to make it more adult-friendly! This easy Pineapple Cherry Lemonade with Vodka is a cocktail that you will make all summer long.
- Long Vodka - You may have never heard of a Long Vodka, but you need to try it! With a little lemonade and lime juice, this easy cocktail is refreshing and delicious!
The Limonata is so fizzy and has the perfect amount of bitter lemon flavor and sweetness. It's the perfect base for an easy vodka mixed drink.
Printable Vodka Soda Recipe
San Pellegrino Limonata Vodka Soda
- 1 part vodka
- 3 parts San Pellegrino Limonata
- Add ice to a glass.
- Add your favorite vodka.
- Top with sparkling San Pellegrino Limonata Soda.
- Give a little stir.
- Garnish with lemon.
- Sip away!