This refreshing vodka cocktail tastes like summer in a glass. And you need to make it ASAP.
This slushy Vodka Sunrise recipe is simple to make with just 3 ingredients! They really couldn't be easier.
If you're a fan of vodka recipes this is sure to be a new favorite recipe for you. It's the perfect frozen cocktail idea - even for brunch. Bloop.
Recipe and vodka were provided by UV Vodka.
This post was originally published on April 15, 2016, and has now been updated with better instructions and substitution info so you can make this drink perfectly every time!
You need a Slushie Vodka Sunrise
My Instagram may make you think I'm a lush as well. It's just that cocktails are so pretty! And I love that they signify a moment of relaxation.
With summer right around the corner, I'm sharing a twist on an old classic. A Tequila Sunrise seems like it would be served up at The Regal Beagle, doesn't it?
This version, a Vodka Sunrise recipe, using Sangria flavored vodka instead, is a modern twist. No kaftan required.
Well, I mean, they are always welcome. Just not required.
If you haven't tried a tequila sunrise with vodka, you haven't lived!
How to Make a Vodka Sunrise
One of the ways to utilize your basic bar supplies is to take a classic cocktail and change the type of liquor you use in it.
I LOVE tequila so the original recipe is also tasty but using a flavored vodka changes everything.
Scroll down to the printable recipe card with full measurements and instructions.
Vodka Sunrise Ingredients
- Sangria UV Vodka (or other flavored - or plain vodka)
- orange juice
- splash of grenadine
- finely crushed
I wanted to make it snow cone-esque so I used my Ninja to crush up some ice. Crushed ice may water down a cocktail a little bit but is that a bad thing?
In my mom head that just means it may lessen my hangover and allow me to have another one of these without me behaving badly in front of the kids...
I just poured the Sangria Vodka, orange juice and grenadine right over the top of the ice and it made the most gorgeous colors! Doesn't it look frosty and delicious?
You'll love this Vodka Sunrise Cocktail
This drink reminds me of vacation. Not one that I have been on. One that I would like to take. I'm good with anywhere there is a beach, palm trees and a swim up bar.
You want to get in on this vodka sunrise drink, don't you? It's the perfect adult slushie ideas. Because why should kids have all the fun?
You Can Also Use Regular Vodka For This Vodka Sunrise Recipe!
I did a little research and found out that the company recently stopped making this Sangria vodka flavor although you still may be able to find it in some stores!
Read further down in the post to find out substitutions you can use for this recipe if you can't find this exact flavor!
Substitutions for the Sangria Vodka
I always get so bummed out when I think a cocktail recipe sounds delicious but the ingredients might be hard to find.
I worked with UV Vodka to come up with a few great alternatives to use for a similar taste!
• UV Ruby Red is grapefruit-flavored vodka. It's delicious and has a citrusy kick to it that would balance well with the Orange juice and grenadine.
It would also give the Vodka Sunrise a similar gorgeous color!
• UV Pink Lemonade is lemonade flavored vodka. It also has a sweet, citrusy taste that would be delicious in this cocktail recipe.
• UV Cherry tastes great with orange juice and the grenadine would complement it as well! This would be another way to maintain the perfect color of the cocktail.
You may need to add a squeeze of fresh lime juice to keep it from becoming too cherry forward.
• UV Cake with OJ and grenadine is delicious. This would be a totally different flavor than the original recipe, but it kind of sounds amazing and I'm super curious about how cake vodka tastes!
• Regular vodka will also work just fine! You'll want to add back in the citrus flavor which you can do with fresh lemon and lime juices.
• Or make your own DIY flavored vodka.
Vodka and orange juice go together perfectly. And the grenadine will add sweetness and that fun bright pink color.
I'm not usually a big fan of flavored vodkas. But sangria flavored was totally worth a try. And as you may expect, it's fruity with a hint of citrus.
It's on the sweeter side so it works perfectly when mixed with orange juice, which helps to cut the sweetness a little.
Then just a splash of grenadine is all you need to put this warm weather cocktail together.
- Vodka Thyme Lemonade by Besos, Alina - This one sounds perfect for summer and I'm dying to try it!
- This Boozy Sparkling Lemonade recipe by Jordan's Easy Entertaining sounds refreshing and perfect for the warmer months!
- A Grapefruit Vodka Tonic has bright citrus flavor that you might be craving after trying the simple vodka drink in this post.
- 1 part UV Sangria Vodka
- 3 parts Orange Juice
- Splash of grenadine
- In a glass of ice, add all of the ingredients above.
- So easy.
- So good.
Pin this adult slushie for later!
If you love easy mixed drinks that are brightly colored and totally refreshing, you'll love this Vodka Sunrise Recipe! The ice makes it slushy and perfect for warm days.