Yummy Lemon Blueberry Moscow Mule
I think California is drunk. It has rained more in the last few months than it has in the last few years. And I don't know what to do with it. I am looking forward to spring more than I ever have before. I'm picturing sunny picnics with friends and easy cocktails on the patio. With my love of Moscow Mule variations, I thought it was only right that I make a Spring Mule. I think you're going to love this Lemon Blueberry Moscow Mule too!
I only share things I love and think you'll love too. This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something from one of these links, I am compensated.
Like all my favorite Moscow Mules, this recipe starts with vodka and ginger beer. But to make this Blueberry Mule feel spring inspired, I decided to use lemonade to add a certain brightness. And instead of mint, I decided to use thyme. Because spring is my favorite “thyme” of year. Get it.
How to Make a Spring Mule
Ingredients for a Spring Lemon Blueberry Moscow Mule
• 1 1/2 oz. vodka
• 4 oz. lemonade
• 2 oz. ginger beer
• 1/2 oz. lemon juice
• 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
• dash of bitters
We always seem to have blueberries in the house during spring. My kids love them and they are a great addition to their yogurt, cereal, waffles and as an afternoon snack. The flavor is pretty subtle so if you are looking to really amp up the flavor, consider making a blueberry simple syrup.
I don't love overly sweet cocktails or drinks so I like to use the fresh fruit. But, do you, boo.
Steps for making a Spring Moscow Mule
• To a copper mug, add the lemon juice and fresh berries and muddle.
• If you want to try to infuse the thyme throughout the whole drink, consider adding a few leaves to the mug as well and muddle to release their oils.
• I don't mind fruit pieces in my cocktails but if that bothers you, feel free to strain.
• Add the lemonade. I used a ready-made lemonade but you can also use store-bought.
• Add the ginger beer. (All ginger beer has a unique flavor so use the brand that you like the best. I like to try different brands when I see them. This Cock N' Bull brand is said to be the inventor of the original Moscow Mule recipe so I had to give it a try.)
• With a bar spoon, mix the Blueberry Mule.
• Clap a few sprigs of thyme between your hands to release the oils and then garnish the drink with it. You can also add a few fresh berries to the top or a lemon slice. Or skip it. I think a garnish should smell good and make a drink look pretty but not be too intrusive. I hate when you're taking a drink and the garnish manages to go up your nose.
Make This Moscow Mule Recipe for Spring!
Imagine serving one of these pretty Spring Mules to a friend. I'm sure they'd love it! But if it doesn't stop raining soon, I might just start drinking straight vodka. Rain is dumb.
Printable Lemonade Blueberry Mule Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka
- 4 oz. lemonade
- 2 oz. ginger beer
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- dash of bitters
- To a copper mug, add the lemon juice and fresh berries and muddle.
- If you want to try to infuse the thyme throughout the whole drink, consider adding a few leaves to the mug as well and muddle to release their oils.
- I don’t mind fruit pieces in my cocktails but if that bothers you, feel free to strain.
- Add the lemonade.
- Add the ginger beer.
- With a bar spoon, mix the Blueberry Mule.
- Add a few dashes of bitters
- Clap a few sprigs of thyme between your hands to release the oils and then garnish the drink with it. You can also add a few fresh berries to the top or a lemon slice.
Serving Size1 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 224 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 14mg Carbohydrates 33g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 28g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1g
Here are more yummy spring cocktail ideas
Shop the Post
Pin This Spring Moscow Mule Recipe for Later
Is a Lemon Blueberry Moscow Mule something you'd drink? This would be a really fun cocktail to serve at Easter. And since my birthday is in April, this would make a great signature cocktail if I had a birthday party.