2-Ingredient cocktails are not only tasty but also ridiculously easy to make. If you want to throw together a drink, it is almost a sure thing that you can make one of these drink ideas for the items you have in your home. And best of all, these cocktail recipes come together in just minutes!
Why simple cocktails are awesome
This is why these are some of my favorite simple two-ingredient cocktails. They’re fast, they quench my thirst, and they take literally seconds to make. Take my Vodka and Coke. Two quick pours and it’s ready! You won’t find any complex cocktails on this list!
I like to keep my home bar on the small side. I have a handful of liquors but mostly I try to keep things simple. And I’m always amazed at just how many cocktails can be made with the basics.
Related: Easy Cocktails to Make at Home
If you love a good, classic cocktail, a lot of those recipes can be found in this post.
And if you want to feel like you are drinking a cocktail but can’t, make a Bitters and Soda.
2-ingredient cocktails to make at home
I’ve broken up these easy two-ingredient cocktails by liquor to make it easy to find one to make based on the spirit you want to use. Some may require a cocktail shaker while most can be made simply in a mixing glass or high ball glass.
The easiest way to make these would be using equal parts, but there are a lot of ways to tailor these to your taste preferences. And of course, if you’re willing to add in a 3rd ingredient, fresh lime juice always makes everything better.
Vodka Mixed Drinks with 2 Ingredients
Grab that bottle of vodka off your bar and make one of these super easy mixed drinks.
Tequila Cocktails with 2 Ingredients
If you're a tequila fan, you'll love these tasty drinks with just a few ingredients.
2-Ingredient Gin Drinks
I love gin. And these simple recipes are delicious and quick.
Easy Rum Drinks with 2 ingredients
Looking for something easy to make with rum? Make one of these drinks below.
Wine Cocktails with 2 Ingredients
I love to make one of these 2 ingredient wine cocktails when I don't want a full on mixed drink.
Bourbon and Whiskey Cocktails with Just a Few Ingredients
Here are some classic bourbon cocktails to make that have just 2 ingredients.
Looking for a 2 ingredient drink that is a little more unique? Try one of these!
The best mixers
With a well rounded group of mixers, you can easily make 2-ingredient cocktails from the liquor you have in your liquor cabinet.
- Fruit juices like orange juice, grapefruit juice, apple cider, and cranberry juice are great. But you can even use passion fruit, mango, grape and more to create even more yummy drink options.
- Ginger Ale has a great, sweet flavor that helps to mellow out strong alcohol like whiskey.
- Soda Water (also known as Club Soda) is super fizzy and a great option for making drinks where you want the flavor of the alcohol to come through.
- Flavored sodas (like grapefruit soda) are a way to take a basic drink and add another flavor element without adding any more ingredients.
- Tonic Water (and flavored tonic water) has such an interesting flavor that it takes something basic and makes it feel totally different. A Gin and Tonic is wildly different from Gin and Soda.
- You can use any flavor of Haus to make a 2 ingredient drink! They come in delicious flavors and you can mix them in equal parts with club soda or champagne! Learn more about Haus Cocktails.
Ways to make them even better
Two ingredient cocktails are delicious as is, but if you can kick them up a notch with just a few other items. I consider these more as a garnish than as another whole ingredient.
Garnish with lime wedge or other citrus. A squeeze of fresh citrus instantly punches up anything it’s added to.
Fresh herbs either muddled or added as a garnish are a great way to add in a subtle flavor of your favorite herbs.
There is something about a cucumber slice that instantly makes everything more refreshing. While it wouldn’t probably work in all of the above drink recipes, adding cucumber slices to a lot of the cocktails above would be delightful.
Bitters are a great way to add complexity to a drink. It’s like finishing a recipe off with salt and pepper. It helps to bring out the flavors.
Tips and Tricks
- If you’re uncertain about your drink combination, just add ice! Having a drink chilled tends to make it taste that much better.
- If after creating your 2-ingredient cocktails you’re not super crazy about it, go ahead and add a third ingredient.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new! You may not think to mix beer with other things but it can be really tasty and opens up a whole new world of drink ideas.
- The key to making two ingredient cocktails you love is to know what you like. If you aren’t a fan of tequila, you will taste it too much in a cocktail with only 2 flavors. So start by choosing the liquor you like and adding in the mixer you have.
Frequently Asked Questions
Beer and vodka do not taste that great together and will leave you with a pretty wicked hangover.
A part refers to a measuring increment that is not exact. A part cocktail uses a ratio rather than exact measurements to keep the drink in balance. 1 part vodka to 2 parts soda means to use one measure (for example an ounce) of vodka and twice as many parts (2 ounces) of soda. You get to pick the measurement.
Have fun taking just a few seconds of time to make these drink recipes. They’re the best way to put your feet up and relax!
More easy cocktails
- This easy Lemon Drop recipe is another super easy vodka cocktail.
- A White Russian with Rum is a tasty drink with just a few ingredients.
- If you’re a tequila fan, these Red Wine Cocktails with tequila are super tasty.
- This Spiced Rum cocktail with White Zinfandel sounds odd but is so YUMMY!
- Fruit Punch Vodka is a fun drink to make that is quick and easy.