There are easy cocktail recipes and there are EASY cocktail recipes. While some wouldn’t call a Vodka and Coke a cocktail recipe, I totally do. I’m not a bartender. I’m just a gal who likes to make mixed drinks at home.
So I measure everything and research recipes before I make them. Even for a two-ingredient cocktail idea like this one. If you like easy vodka recipes, this might become a favorite for you.
Especially because I’m going to share some simple flavor variations to make this your own. Plus, sometimes you really don’t care about making a craft cocktail and just want something refreshing to sip on. This is totally that!
I only share things I love and think you’ll like too. This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase through one of these links, I am compensated.
I love easy cocktails to make at home but I don’t consider myself an expert. But I do like to read up on trends and watch what legit bartenders create. They wouldn’t call Vodka Coke a recipe. They’d call it a 1 and 1.
It totally makes sense. It’s just one part this to one part that. (Although mine is a little more coke than vodka because I don’t want to end up with a lampshade on my head in front of my kids).
Since I hardly ever drink soda, this easy cocktail idea is really a treat. Coke is a great cocktail mixer and adds the perfect amount of fizz and sweetness. And vodka is so versatile that it pairs perfectly.
How to Make a Vodka Coke Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka
- 3 oz. Coke
- Lime wedge
Get the Mexican Coke. It’s extra delicious. It’s said to be made with pure cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. It’s not any healthier but I think it has a more pure taste.
Also, the bottle is super cute. And I was able to find it at my local grocery store. So that’s awesome. I great up going to Loreto every summer, and remember sipping on Mexican Coke from a bottle at our hotel’s bar. It brings back such fun memories.
- To a cocktail glass, add ice.
- Add the vodka.
- Add the coke.
My recipe calls for 2 parts coke to 1 part vodka. Feel free to change this up based on your flavor preferences.
- Add a squeeze of lime.
- Garnish with a slice of lime, optional.
Flavor Variations for Vodka and Coke
Vodka and Coke are tasty together. But it is really easy to jazz up this simple cocktail idea even more. By just adding one other flavor component, you can make all kinds of variations to the recipe. Or mix 2 of these ideas together. The combinations are endless!
- Add citrus – lemon and lime are a great pairing with Coke
- Use flavored vodka – if you have flavored vodka hanging around your home, swap it out plain for an instant flavor boost.
- Use flavored Coke – they now sell many versions of Coke including my favorite Cherry, but they’ve just introduced Georgia Peach and California Raspberry. YUM!
- Use flavored syrups – just like when you go to a diner and they make a legit Cherry Coke, add a little flavored syrup to your Vodka Coke cocktail. Or add a little vanilla extract!
- Use Diet Coke instead – I’m not a diet soda drinker but if you are, feel free to swap. There are a ton of flavor options for Diet Coke too.
- Add fresh herbs – adding fresh herbs to a cocktail is a quick way to give it a boost. While it might not flavor the cocktail (unless you muddle it), it will be intoxicating to your nose as you sip away.
- Muddle fresh fruit – Muddling fresh fruit is a quick way to add a unique spin on this easy drink idea.
- Make it an adult float by adding ice cream!
See, there are a bunch of ways to make this recipe more personalized.
Printable Vodka and Coke Recipe
Vodka and Coke
It's hardly a recipe but this easy 2-ingredient cocktail is satisfying and refreshing. It's perfect for warm afternoons when you need a little something extra.
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka
- 3 oz. Coke
- Lime Wedge
To a cocktail glass, add ice.
Add the vodka, coke and a squeeze of lime.
Garnish with a slice of lime, optional.
It’s simple and refreshing and easy to keep all of the ingredients on hand. The soda makes it feel like a treat and adding additional flavors means you can change up how you drink this cocktail each time you make it.
More Easy Cocktails to Try:
- The Aperol Spritz is THE drink of summer.
- Don’t be afraid of a Corpse Reviver No. 2, it’s delicious!
- Blood Orange Vodka Martini, it’s refreshing and a fun fruity twist on a classic cocktail recipe
- How good does this Triple Berry Tequila Limeade sound from Jordan’s Easy Entertaining?
- Thoughtfully Simple has 3 Frozen Drink Recipes to make this summer!
Pin This Easy Cocktail Idea for Later
This stupid easy Vodka and Coke cocktail is delicious and just the drink you need when you want a little bit of a treat that is also refreshing. With just a few additional flavors you can create all kinds of drinks to sip on.