Fireball and Ginger Ale is a simple drink idea perfect for any time of year. If you love Fireball Cocktails, this just might be the easiest! Sweet, spicy and ridiculously easy, this 2-ingredient cocktail recipe is just right for happy hour.
I'm not a shots kind of gal. Or at least I wasn't until I tried Fireball. The cinnamon whiskey has a touch of sweetness which makes it go down smooth. While I prefer to keep my home bar very simple I do get lots of use out of my Fireball.
If you're just starting out, try the super simple Fireball and ginger ale recipe below. It's almost foolproof and totally delicious.
Why This Recipe Works
Fireball brings such a bold cinnamon flavor to any drink you make with it. And because it's super sweet, it does double duty.
I knew it was tasty in my Fireball and Dr. Pepper recipe. And the ginger beer in this Fireball Mule, makes it sing. So a simple mixed drink with ginger ale (a classic cocktail ingredient) and Fireball just made sense.
In just a few minutes, you can make a refreshing, flavorful drink that feels celebratory. (Because most parties have a little Fireball...).
Not into cinnamon? Browse this list of Bourbon Cocktails for Christmas to find something else you might enjoy.
You can find Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey at most local grocery stores, Amazon and wine stores. As I noted above, you can make all kinds of cocktails and baked goods with it so the idea of buying a whole bottle is not an outrageous idea.
How to make Ginger Ale and Fireball Whiskey
To a short cocktail glass, add ice.
Top with 1 ounce of Fireball whiskey.
Then add 4-5 ounces of ginger ale.
It's spicy, full of cinnamon flavor yet refreshing at the same time. It feels just right for Christmas and holiday parties and yet totally drinkable during summer.
It feels right for a camping vacation, summer barbecue or sipping on the couch. It's just that kind of drink.
- You can add a little Cointreau to give it a hint of orange.
- Add some amaretto for an almond kick.
- A few drops of vanilla extract would be super tasty.
- A squeeze of lime would add another nice layer of flavor.
What else can you mix with Fireball
Here are a few more mixers to make 2-ingredient Fireball cocktails.
- Pepsi or Coke
- Root Beer
- Ginger Beer
Not sure if you want to buy a whole bottle of Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey? Pick up a few airline-sized bottles from your local wine or grocery store. That way you can try it out before you buy a whole bottle.
I like to buy as small of cans of ginger ale as I can. Since most recipes that use ginger ale just use a portion, I don't want the rest to go to waste.
If you’re having a party, you can buy a 2-liter bottle of it which is way less expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! And you should. I love to look for 2-ingredient drink ideas. And Ginger Ale and Fireball is all you need. Like Vodka and Coke, there’s hardly a recipe. But the finished project is magic.
I’m not 100% sure. I did a little bit of research and came across the name “Ginger Balls.” I don’t know who decided that. I don’t know if it’s accurate. But that is the name I found. I will not call it that and will never ever refer to that name again.
A basic recipe would be 1 part of Fireball to 4-5 parts of ginger ale.
If you are unsure what a “part” is, it’s when you use one measurement for both ingredients but keep a certain ratio. So if a “part” is 1 ounce, you would use 1 ounce of Fireball and 4-5 ounces of ginger ale.
- A Fireball Old Fashioned is a fun cinnamon-y twist on a classic cocktail.
- A Corpse Reviver No. 2 is a gin-based cocktail that is super refreshing and one that you may have never heard of before.
- A Strawberry Mint Moscow Mule is fruity and easy to make even when you have strawberries that don't look their best.
- This Spiced Winter Daiquiri is one you need to try! With a hint of vanilla and some fresh lime, this delicious spiced rum cocktail needs to be tried!
- A Vodka Sunrise is quick and easy to make and this version is slushie!
- This Spiced Cranberry Bourbon cocktail is a must-try if you are looking for something a little out of the ordinary!
- These easy Pumpkin Cocktails are perfect for Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving or even just a cozy fall night at home.
Fireball and Ginger Ale
- 1 ounce Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- 4-5 ounces Ginger Ale
- Add ice to short cocktail glass.
- Add 1 ounce Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey and 4-5 ounces Ginger Ale.
- Give it a quick stir.
- Top with a cherry.
Pin to save this Fireball and Ginger Ale cocktail for later.
This post was originally published on November 12, 2020 and has now been updated with a few more details so you can make this perfectly every time.