Just 2 ingredients, this sweet and spicy Fireball and Dr. Pepper cocktail is easy to make and even easier to drink!
It’s one of my favorite 2-ingredient cocktails when I want to keep things flavorful without any effort. This recipe will help heat things up when the weather cools down.
Sometimes called a Dirty Dr. Pepper, or a Flaming Dr. Pepper, this easy Dr. Pepper cocktail is one you need to try.
I consider myself a wine girl but sometimes you’ve just got to get into the Fireball whiskey. After using it in my Fireball Mule and my favorite cupcakes ever (try these Fireball Cupcakes right now!), I knew there were tons of Fireball cocktails that I needed to try.
Why This Recipe Works
Even though this one has just 2 ingredients, it’s a quick and easy cocktail recipe you will really like! And while it’s great in winter, you can certainly drink this any time of year. And you should.
Using soda as a mixer in a cocktail is a simple way to add sweetness and flavor all at once. (My Vodka and Coke recipe is one of my most popular. Plus we know that Fireball and Ginger Ale is already a delicious drink).
Adding Fireball whiskey to Dr. Pepper adds tons of cinnamon flavor and, be warned, even more sweetness. But it also manages to smooth everything out and create a lovely blend of comforting flavors.
It’s a great drink to make in fall and winter since that warm cinnamon flavor is right on trend when the weather cools down.
So whether you want to serve this for Friendsgiving or just enjoy one of these Fireball drinks on your own you’ll want to pin this to save it for later!
See recipe card for quantities.
To a short cocktail glass, add ice.
Measure out and add the Fireball. (This is my fave measuring jigger. I use it for all my cocktails since I’m a terrible estimator).
Fill the rest of the glass with Dr. Pepper. Use a bar spoon to give it a quick stir and you’re ready to go!
You can shop all my favorite bar equipment on my Amazon store front. I like to keep things simple. I have no interest in being a legit bartender with tons of gadgets and supplies.
Obviously, you can change both of the ingredients in this cocktail. Just know it will dramatically change the flavor of this Fireball drink.
- Soda – Don’t have Dr. Pepper? You can use a different soda. Coke Cocktails are tasty. And you can even use a light soda, like Sprite. The flavor will change. (However, a mix of amaretto and coke make a remarkable copycat for Dr. Pepper).
- Whisky – Not a fan of cinnamon? You can use regular whisky in this drink. Or try a different flavor. I know they make Salted Caramel whisky and apple flavors too.
- Cinnamon Liquor – If you don’t have Fireball but want that cinnamon flavor, you can use Goldshalger or even Cinnamon Schnapps.
- Spicy – Adding cayenne or muddling jalapeno will add spicy heat that you may want to increase in this drink!
Make it a Fireball Shot
You can make this into a shot! Just mix 1 oz. of Fireball and 1 oz. of Dr. Pepper in a shot glass and drink up!
- If you want to make sure you don’t end up wearing a lampshade on your head, be sure to measure out the Fireball. If you’re a lightweight, start with 1 ounce. You can add more if you have a higher tolerance or want a stiff drink.
- While some people call this Flaming Dr. Pepper. I don’t recommend lighting it on fire. You can ready why in this Thrillist article.
- You can make this into a dessert drink by adding vanilla ice cream! The creaminess pairs really well with these flavors. Think of it as an adult-friendly float!
This quick and easy Fireball and Dr. Pepper cocktail is one you can make in just minutes. It’s easy to make several so it’s great for fall parties or anytime you’re having guests over.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick, red hot candies or even a slice of lime.
- If you’re wondering what you can mix with Fireball, you can browse all my easy Fireball Mixed Drinks in one place.
- A 2-Ingredient Fireball and Ginger Ale is another quick and easy Fireball drink.
- A Cinnamon Whiskey Mule is sweet and full of flavor! It’s a Fireball cocktail you need to try!
- Fireball Cupcakes are infused with cinnamon whiskey to give it a fun kick of flavor that won’t leave you with a hangover.
- Homemade Cinnamon Hard Candy doesn’t have Fireball but does have a ton of spicy cinnamon flavor!
Fireball and Dr. Pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
- 5 ounces Dr. Pepper
- To a short cocktail glass with ice, add Fireball.
- Top with Dr. Pepper.
- Stir and serve immediately.