These simple and delicious Football Party Appetizers will help you create the ultimate football party menu and so you can celebrate game day with a happy tummy.
This post was originally published on January 14, 2021, and has now been updated with new images, a table of contents, .
Do you want to know one of my favorite things to eat on Game Day? All the Football appetizers!
To have a whole spread of snacks, dips, and finger foods is a dream come true for me. A big buffet full of apps is the best way to kick off the football game.
Appetizers served on the day of the big game tend to be full of flavor, a little bit decadent. They’re things you can’t help but start thinking about ahead of time.
Football party finger foods often include dips, cheese balls and sliders. But I also love to round out the homemade items with a few easy football snack ideas.
And don’t forget about the wings! Check out my Instant Pot Game Day recipes post to see a bunch of different wings recipes (plus more appetizers and even main dish ideas)!
How to Plan A Winning Menu
Think of the Guests
When it comes down to what to serve, you have to determine what your guests would like most. Ask yourself these questions to help you plan your menu.
- Will there be kids at the party?
- Do my guests enjoy meat options?
- Do my guests want fruit and veggies?
- Are these ideas easy to eat?
Knowing what your guests like will help you put together an array of apps that everyone will enjoy.
Game day appetizers don’t have to be hard and you don’t have to wait until the day of the big game to make everything.
If you plan your menu right, you can start making the food in advance, which is awesome. Anything that will keep for a few days in the fridge is a win in my book.
Make it a Potluck
If you are hosting, you don’t need to do all of the work by yourself, you can also have everyone else bring an appetizer.
If you know what you want everyone to bring, then make a list and your guests can choose from that list. Having everyone else bring an appetizer can help save you time.
Keep it Simple
Game Day isn’t the day to bring your fanciest dishes and appetizers. Keep it simple for any football party appetizers and you’ll make everyone happy!
The fancier the dishes, the more you might stress yourself out. Keep it as simple as possible for Game Day.
Easy Football Dip Recipes
Dips and chips are made for parties! Here are some tasty options that are easy to make and a great thing to put on your Game Day party food spread.
Football Finger Foods
These recipes are made for eating with your fingers making them the perfect snack to put on your Football buffet.
Cheese Balls and Logs Make Great Snacks
Creamy, cheesy balls and logs pair with crackers and veggies and help round out your party menu.
Tips and Tricks
- Set out some fresh fruits and veggies, along with dip and chip options before guests arrive so they have something right away. This gives you a few minutes for things to finish up in the oven without leaving guests empty handed.
- If you want to serve a hot appetizer, consider making one in a crockpot. It can be served right from the bowl and will stay warm throughout the party.
- Make sure you have a few hearty options to ensure people are full enough.
- Don’t forget the beverages! Beer and wine are a great idea. Or serve a tasty Old-Fashioned or Moscow Mule. Both are classic, refreshing and delicious.
- Everything You Need to Throw a Football Party – everything you could need or want to throw your next party for the big game – recipes, cocktails, decor and more!
- Free Printable Football Banner – add a festive touch of decor to your football party or tailgate.
- Super Simple Football Cookies – these cookies don’t get any cuter or simpler to make.
More Easy Party Food Ideas
- Rum Cake – moist, delicious, and so easy to make!
- Fireball Cupcakes are a Great Way to Celebrate – cupcakes made with your favorite liquor!
- Goat Cheese Pizza with Sausage is AMAZING! – bold and delicious, this is not your usual delivery.
I know you can’t wait to make these easy football party appetizers! They are delicious and will make your game day party amazing!