With the yummy artichoke hearts and two kinds of cheeses, this Hot Artichoke Dip recipe is the perfect thing to make for parties and game day at home.
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn from qualifying purchases by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I also participate in affiliate programs for other retailers.
I’ll never forget that time my sister came home from college and made this delicious Hot Artichoke Dip. It felt like she brought a gift. A beautiful, flavorful, cheesy gift.
And it’s now an easy appetizer recipe that I serve often.
You may notice that something is missing from this recipe. That’s right, no spinach. I’m not a spinach fan. So I don’t want it in near my appetizers.
I suggest that you double this recipe because your guests will polish this off faster than you can say, “spinach is gross.”
This is one of my favorite recipes to serve at a football party. It’s hearty and filling and SO good!
*Sign up for my newsletter and get a 5 recipe mini-cookbook full of quick and easy snack and appetizer recipes that are also perfect for game days and get togethers!
What is Artichoke Dip Made Of?
This is a really simple recipe with just a few ingredients. A little mayo, Swiss and Parmesan cheese and fragrant garlic plus canned artichoke hearts are all you need.
I don’t like artichoke hearts. I would never eat one, willingly, on its own. But with two kinds of melted cheeses? Suddenly it’s the best food ever.
There are a few recipes on the internet but this is the one that I love. Some also use sour cream or cream cheese making them even more dip-y.
You can get this dip to be more dippable by using a smaller baking dish.
How Long Will Artichoke Dip Last?
If you put it in an air-tight container, you can keep this in the fridge for about 4 days. But I doubt you’ll have much leftover. This dip usually gets gobbled up!
How to Make Baked Artichoke Dip
Scroll down to the end of the post for a printable recipe card with full measurements and more detailed instructions.
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Swiss cheese, shredded
- garlic, minced
- artichoke hearts (non-marinated), drained and chopped
So, look. I am not a mayo fan. Like, it’s super gross. (I did have to try to make cookies with mayo though, just because).
But some dip recipes just need it. It’s what helps to make this dip a little creamier.
Because if you look at the ingredients, it’s basically cheese. But there’s nothing wrong with that, now is there?
Mix and heat.
That’s how quick and easy this dip is.
Ok, I guess if you want to be more detailed, you’d preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Then mix all the things and bake for about 25 minutes. Or until golden and bubbly.
This Artichoke Cheese Dip is creamy and flavorful. It’s best right out of the oven, but it’s still great after it cools down.
The texture changes (it gets a little clumpy) but all that delicious flavor is still all there! Yum!
And when I say it’s creamy, I mean the flavor. The texture of this dip is not smooth like a cream cheese-based dip. Just know that going in.
And there are all kinds of ways that you can modify this dip to give it different flavor profiles.
- You can add spinach (if you like that kind of thing).
- You can add green chiles and swap out the parmesan for jack cheese.
- You can add roasted red peppers to add even more flavor.
- The addition of bacon wouldn’t hurt anything.
- Cream cheese would make this even more creamy and tangy which would be delish! It would also help to stretch the recipe if you are serving a lot of people.
What Do You Serve with Artichoke Dip?
I prefer to scoop up this warm, cheesy dip with Tortilla Chips. It’s almost like eating nachos in dip form.
I like the crispness of Tostitos and the Tostitos Scoops that are pictured are a really good option.
But it’s also great with celery and other cut vegetables.
There’s no wrong way to eat this.
I’ve even used this dip to make Artichoke Dip Sliders! YUM!
This is another one of those recipes that gets your guests gathered around the table.
It’s a great dish to share with friends and a recipe they’ll definitely ask you for!
More Appetizer Recipes
- Warm Bacon and Cheese Dip is so yummy! This is another dip to make double of because your guests will go wild for it!
- Salsa Chicken Taco Cups are a fun finger food idea that I make for parties and also dinner. My kids love them and they’re really easy to make.
- Loaded Tater Tots with Buffalo Aioli are a fun twist on nachos! And the buffalo aioli is full of flavor!
Hot and Cheesy Artichoke Dip
- Combine the artichoke hearts, mayo, garlic, Parmesan and Swiss cheese in a 2 1/2 quart, oven-safe, baking dish.
- Heat, uncovered for approximately 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- The dip should be bubbly and melted through.
- Serve warm.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Pin to save this Hot Artichoke Dip for later. It’s an easy appetizer recipe to make for all your parties!