This easy Chicken Cheese Ball Recipe is the perfect party appetizer. With just a handful of ingredients, this tasty snack can be ready in under 15 minutes!
I’m a lover of easy, delicious recipes, this cheese ball recipe is for you. Make one for your next party or any time you need a yummy snack.
This post was originally published on February 28, 2019 and has now been updated with better instructions.
This was inspired by my other Cheese Ball recipe. I wanted to make one with chicken and what goes better with chicken and cheese but ranch! Pair it with Old Bay Chex Mix and a classic Old Fashioned for the perfect happy hour spread.
Why This Recipe Works
Seriously, is there anything better than a cheese ball?
Chicken and cheese are some of the most comforting combinations on the planet. Whether it’s in an appetizer, burrito, or entree idea, it’s always delicious!
So having both in a cheese ball recipe makes this the most perfect cheese ball recipe for just about any occasion.
Jazz up the flavor with ranch seasoning, bacon and chicken and you’ve got the best snack idea ever!
This Chicken Ranch Cheese Ball also makes a great appetizer for parties. Served with crackers or fresh veggies, this is a party treat that always puts a smile on guest’s faces.
Try my Dried Beef Cheese Ball too! It’s one of my most pinned recipes!
- cream cheese
- ranch seasoning
- canned chunk chicken (or make your own chicken and chop it)
- bacon bits
- cheddar cheese
- green onion
- chopped pecans, to roll the ball in
- Wheat Thins or crackers for serving
How to Make a Chicken Cheese Ball
Add all the ingredients, except for the chicken, to a bowl.
Using a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese, ranch seasoning, cheddar, green onions and bacon bits.
Add chicken and mix well.
Form into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap.
Place in fridge for 1 hour to chill. It doesn’t really need to be hard, it just needs to hold it’s shape.
Remove from fridge and roll in pecans. Serve immediately.
If you won’t’ be serving it right away, just hold off on adding the pecans until just before serving.
Although I like to serve it with Wheat Thins (other crackers work too but there is something extraordinary about Wheat Thins and cheese together), you could also serve this cheese ball with jicama, celery, carrots or any other crunchy, sturdy vegetable.
I love any kind of party food that can be made ahead of time and can sit on a table for a while without being a gloppy mess.
- FYI, dry ranch seasoning is such a great way to add flavor to recipes! I have used it recently in a crockpot chicken recipe also and it’s so tasty! Instead of having to have all kinds of different spices in your cabinet, just keep a few ranch packets around! You can make your own ranch seasoning mix if you want it to be cleaner or you can buy a large jar of it from Costco so you have it on hand all the time.
- This recipe is easiest to make when all of the ingredients are at room temperature before mixing.
- You can make this recipe your own by adding other spices like onion powder, garlic powder or even Old Bay.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can freeze cheese balls but cheese can dry out after being frozen. For best results, you’ll want to wrap it carefully so that it doesn’t get freezer burnt. You’ll also want to allow plenty of time for it to thaw out before serving.
A cheese ball can last in the refrigerator for several days. Some recipes say it will last for up to 2 weeks but for the most fresh flavor, I would keep it only for a few days.
So simple! This easy Chicken Ranch Cheese Ball is also easy to take to a party that you are attending. I’m not sure why cheese balls don’t end up on more hostess gift guides but wouldn’t you love it if someone brought you a cheese ball?!
- Rose and Goat Cheese Log
- Dried Beef Roll-Ups
- Salsa Chicken Taco Cups
- Salami Chips
- Blue Cheese Steak Bites
Chicken Cheese Ball with Ranch
- qty. 2 – 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 oz ranch seasoning
- 1 5 oz. can canned chunk chicken
- ½ cup bacon bits if ½ a cup seems like way too many just do what you think is best but note what you changed it to.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onion chopped
- ½ cup chopped pecans to roll the ball in
- Wheat Thins or crackers to serve with
- Using a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese, ranch seasoning, cheddar, green onions and bacon bits.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Form into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Remove from fridge and roll in pecans.
- Serve immediately.
- Can be made ahead just wait to roll it in the pecans until ready to serve.
- Serve with Wheat Thins or other crackers.