Why does inviting people into my home make me sweaty? I love to entertain but the reality is it can be really stressful. Which is why I like to keep the food and drinks simple. It doesn’t matter what time of year it is, quick and easy appetizers are always needed!
These fast recipes are delicious and great for parties. But you can also make them into a full meal. Because sometimes you just want to eat a plateful of finger foods.
Quick and Easy Appetizers to Make for Your Next Party
What Can I Serve as Appetizers?
Well, that’s a loaded question since you can turn just about anything into an appetizer which is awesome. There’s no set rule on what can be an appetizer which leaves the possibilities endless. An appetizer is basically a pre-meal snack that helps stimulate the appetite.
You can serve something as simple as veggies and dip or cheese and crackers. Or you can take things up a notch with one of the simple appetizers from the list below.
My best suggestion is to keep appetizers light and tasty if you are doing a full dinner. One or two small appetizers is a good idea to keep everyone from getting too hungry while they wait for the meal.
But you can also skip dinner and offer a variety of finger foods.
How Many Different Appetizers Should I Serve?
This all depends on what type of event you’re serving them at and how many guests are invited.
If you are hosting a small dinner party in your home, I would suggest one to two types. If it’s super casual, consider one of the cheese ball recipes from below.
If you are hosting a cocktail party, I would come up with, at least, 6 different super easy appetizers. You’ll want to serve a variety of flavors and make sure that you have enough to help people put a little food in their bellies to combat some of the drinks.
If you are doing an appetizer only shindig, go hog wild! Especially if this falls around dinner time. I always try to be mindful of what time I’m having people over and make sure that I am giving them what they need. If you do an all appetizer buffet, make sure you have really easy to make appetizers that can be replenished when they start to run out.
An appetizer buffet can have a mix of dips, finger foods, meat and cheeses, etc. It’s also a good idea to have a mix of hot and cold items so you don’t have to fuss over the temperature of everything.
Wondering how many actual pieces of appetizers to serve at your party? Our Everyday Life has an appetizer calculator to help you!
Super Easy Appetizers To Browse
- Rose Pepper and Sumac Goat Cheese Log – Yes, the ingredients sound a little different but the taste is truly magical! I first decided to make this for a bridal shower because it’s pink. But the flavor is unique and addicting! Once you buy the ingredients you can make this recipe several times. And you’ll absolutely want to!
- Cheeto’s and Rosemary Goat Cheese Log – I’m a lover of junk food and wanted to see if I could use Cheeto’s to crust some goat cheese. I don’t hate how this turned out. And I think your guests will be into the idea too. It’s a creative appetizer idea that will put smiles on everyone’s faces.
- Roasted Tomato and Burrata Appetizer – This recipe is ridiculously easy and one that I get the most compliments on! It has a shortlist of ingredients but big flavor! My favorite place to pick up burrata cheese is at Trader Joe’s. You’re going to love this yummy dish!
- Garlic Basil Burrata Appetizer – Because burrata is so delicious, here is another recipe for a creamy party starter. Garlic and basil give the cheese a ton of flavor. You’ll find your guests huddled around this plate for sure.
- Baked Salami Chips – Theses chips are probably the best appetizers to serve for a casual party because they are just so easy and you can make so many at one time. Plus they taste so good!
- Bacon-Wrapped Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates – I would usually skip a recipe that seems tedious to put together. But these can be made pretty quickly. Using pre-cooked bacon means they bake up fast and the flavor combo – sweet, salty, creamy – is what dreams are made of.
- Artichoke Dip Sliders – I’ve always loved Artichoke Dip to serve at parties so I decided put it in a slider! This basically turns the dip into finger food. Or like a really gooey grilled cheese sandwich. Either way, you’ll love it!
- Dried Beef Roll-Ups – You’ve probably never heard of these before but you NEED to make these! They are made from dried beef slices, cream cheese and a touch of horseradish. No one ever leaves the party without asking for this recipe. It’s the perfect little salty bite!
- Salsa Chicken Taco Cups – My family loves a good taco night so we figured out how to turn those flavors into an easy appetizer (although we eat these for dinner too!). The shredded chicken is made in the Instant Pot and the premade shells make these cups fast and crunchy!
- Loaded Tater Tots with Buffalo Aioli – Tator Tots are totally underrated. This warm appetizer idea is full of potato goodness with a little bit of a kick from the sauce.
Easy Dip Ideas to Delight Your Guests
- Avocado Hummus – Avocado is a great way to change up a basic hummus recipe to surprise your party guests. It adds a really nice creaminess and is one of my favorite snacks!
- Bacon Cheese Dip Recipe – If you’re looking for appetizers for a crowd you definitely need to try this delicious warm dip. It’s creamy, cheesy and full of bacon flavor. That is always a good idea!
- Bacon and Sage Dip Recipe – Sage is for more than just your turkey dressing. I LOVE the smell of it and it adds a nice savory component to this bacon dip. Serve it with crackers or sliced baguette for a great winter party appetizer.
- Garlic Basil Mustard Dip – This yummy mustard dip is a great pairing with fresh veggies. Skip the ranch in favor of something a little more unique.
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip with Dried Beef – My husband loves stuffed jalapenos but they are pretty time consuming to make. So I figured out how to get that similar flavor and make it into a dip. It’s super tasty!
Cheese Ball Recipes You’re Going to Love!
- Best Cheese Ball Ever – Cheese balls always make great tailgate appetizers. And this is the recipe I’ve been making for years. Your guests will love it and if there is any leftover you’ll find yourself eating it for lunch the next day…
- Chicken Cheese Ball – Adding chicken to a cheese ball makes it a little more hearty. And there is no better combination, in my eyes, than chicken and cheese!
- Dried Beef Cheese Ball – Dried beef is not a common ingredient but it’s one of my favorite ways to add a savory and salty note to a dish. This Dried Beef Cheese Ball is great for crackers and a great pairing if you are serving a lot of sweet dishes at your party.
- 5 Easy Cheese Ball Recipes – I found 5 more unique cheese ball recipes that you might like to try out. You really can never go wrong serving a cheese ball at a party!
Of course, you don’t need to be having a party to serve appetizers. You may just want appetizers to eat while watching Netflix, or just because you feel like nibbling on a bunch of different flavors. What is your favorite appetizer? Leave it in the comments below!
Pin these Easy to Make Appetizers for Later
This list of quick and easy appetizers are here to give you some unique ideas to serve your guests and keep you from spending more time in the kitchen than you need to. These recipes are simple and delicious!