These cake mix desserts are unique and easy! From decadent chocolate desserts to fruity dump cakes this collection of recipes is perfect for people who love sweet treats but hate baking from scratch.
These easy desserts using boxed cake mix are perfect for family get-togethers and a simple way to make tasty dishes that still count as homemade.
Why start with a boxed cake mix
Using a boxed cake mix as a dessert base is a quick way to make lots of sweet recipes without having to bake from scratch.
It’s easy to amp up a boxed cake mix by adding other ingredients. Whether you’re trying to add moisture or come up with unique flavors, a cake mix helps create a delicious dessert every time.
It cuts down on the number of ingredients you need to prep for your recipe and also gives you a consistent flavor to work from.
You can also get really creative and create all kinds of different desserts as well.
Easy desserts using boxed cake mix
- Cake – Whether you’re sticking to a basic sheet cake or jazzing it up by making a moist poke cake, a boxed cake mix makes a simple dessert that has a consistent taste every time.
- Cupcakes – Plain or infused with alcohol, boxed cake mix is a great place to start when you need to make a batch of these delicious handheld treats.
- Dump cakes – Delicious dump cakes use the dry cake mix which, when mixed with melted butter, creates a super sweet and tasty crust.
- Bundt cakes – Bundt cakes start with a batter made from box cake mix and add things like dry pudding or even wine to add more flavor.
- Cake mix cookies – Cake mix cookies have a fluffy consistency and a flavor, unlike traditional cookies.
- Cookie bars – Cookie bars let you really play with unique flavor combinations and make a baked dessert that you can eat with your hands or serve on a plate.
And you can still call these cake mix desserts homemade, which makes me happy!
Desserts Using Yellow Cake Mix
There are a bunch of easy desserts using yellow cake mix that you're going to want to cram in your mouth. These quick recipes will have an easy cake mix dessert on the table in no time.
Things to Make with White Cake Mix
There are some delicious things to make with white cake mix! The vanilla flavor is versatile and I like to use it in recipes that have a unique flavor that I really want to shine through.
Gluten-Free Cake Mix Desserts
Since I'm not on a gluten-free diet, I only have one recipe that uses a gluten-free cake mix. The cake mix is made with almond flour and has a delicious graham cracker-like taste!
Desserts Using Angel Food Cake Mix
Looking for desserts using angel food cake mix? These recipes have a delicious flavor that you will not soon forget. And boxed angel food cake mix using only needs to have water added!
Desserts to Make with Chocolate Cake Mix
I love decadent chocolate desserts! These desserts to make with chocolate cake mix are easy to put together with just a few ingredients. Taking a chocolate cake mix and making it into something even more scrumptious? I can get behind that! A doctored up cake mix is better than any regular old cake mix any day!
Bundt Cake Recipes from Cake Mixes
I love a good bundt cake don't you!? These easy recipes start with cake mix and use other flavorings to add moisture and tons of great taste! These are great for entertaining! And best of all, they usually don't require frosting!
Tips for using boxed cake mix
- The dry boxed cake mix has that cake flavor you love making it a great ingredient to add to all kinds of cake mix desserts even when they aren’t baked.
- Instead of using water or milk to create one of the above cake mix desserts, consider using lemon juice, orange juice or other flavored liquid to add even more flavor.
- If adding nuts to a boxed cake mix, toss them in some of the dry cake mix first. This will help keep them from sinking to the bottom of the batter.
Frequently asked questions
Recipes using box cake mix typically make around 24 cupcakes, but it will depend on how much you fill the cups.
If you want to use a boxed cake mix and make a cake that tastes more homemade, add an extra egg than what the back of the box calls for. Also swap out the water for milk and use melted butter instead of the oil.
Cake mix is super versatile and you can use all kinds of ingredients to make them. As you saw in my list above, you can use soda, you can use may, and you can use yogurt, sour cream and even melted ice cream to add more flavor! Cake mix desserts can be made all kinds of ways!