These delicious and super easy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies with M&Ms are the recipe everyone needs to have in their recipe box.
Full of rich chocolate flavor and crunchy holiday-themed M&Ms candies, these 4-ingredient cookies are just as good for gifting as they are for eating!
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn from qualifying purchases by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I also participate in affiliate programs for other retailers.
This was originally posted on December 17, 2019 and has since been updated to include better instructions.
Lately, my youngest has been asking me to make M&M cookies.
And it suddenly reminded me that I have a delicious guest post to share with you guys!
With just 4 ingredients and one of my favorite candies, I know these cookies made with chocolate cake mix with M&Ms are going to be a new family favorite!
Nichole blogs at Casa de Crews. Her site is gorgeous and full of delicious recipes!
*If you’re a fan of sweet treats, sign up for my newsletter and get a free dump cake recipe that you can’t find on my site!
She and I love to feed our families yummy things, but like them easy and fast! Read through this post and be sure to pop over to her site and say hi!
How to Make Cookies with Chocolate Cake Mix
These Devil’s Food Cake Mix Cookies couldn’t be easier.
They’re insanely delish, and I love that they’re ready to go in under 15 minutes.
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup olive oil (or vegetable)
- 1/4 cup holiday M&M’s, plus more to garnish on top
These easy cookies are made with boxed Devil’s food cake mix, eggs, and olive oil.
The olive oil makes these extra moist. You could also sub in vegetable oil, instead. I used Cut 1886 olive oil. I use it to dress my salads and I love the flavor.
What is awesome is that although I used holiday color M&Ms, you can use any M&Ms to make this perfect no matter what time of year.
What’s the Difference Between Devil’s Food and Regular Chocolate Cake Mix?
Devil’s Food Cake Mix is typically a little bit less sweet than the traditional chocolate cake mix.
It also uses darker chocolate giving it a rich chocolate flavor, and a touch more of a dry consistency.
You can use regular chocolate cake mix but the flavor might be a little bit different.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To a bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, and oil, 1/4 cup candy, until smooth.
Use a spoon to mix. My batter was very dry. So I added about 1 TBSP of water. I don’t recall the batter being that dry on previous bakings so it absolutely could have been user error.
But in case your dough comes out dry, you can save it with a bit of water. Add a little at a time and mix well before adding more if needed.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls, and place on baking sheet; 2 inches apart.
Top each dough ball with 2-3 M&M’s.
Bake 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool for 2 minutes.
Transfer to cooling rack, and finish cooling completely before enjoying.
Adding the extra M&Ms on top really adds the perfect finishing touch.
The first batch I made of these M&Ms Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies, I mixed in my candies and formed balls of cookie dough.
They tasted SO good but didn’t have that wow factor for presentation.
So the second batch, I still mixed in candies, but then topped each dough ball with a few more candies, so that they’d bake in on top, and look extra festive.
These are perfect for a cookie exchange, office potluck, a quick treat for your kiddo’s class, or just because you really like chocolate.
And M&M’s. And cookies.
More Holiday Desserts
- You should also check out Nichole’s Crushed Peppermint Cheesecake which sounds AMAZING!
- Eggnog Dump Cake is unique and has a yummy flavor that is just right for the holidays.
- These Kitchen Sink OREO Cookie Balls have that sweet and salty combo everyone loves!
- A Cinnamon Rum Cake is nostalgic and great to serve for casual holiday brunches.
- This is the Best Caramel Corn Recipe ever and one we make for gifts each Christmas.
- We always have a batch of these Cinnamon Walnuts on hand for impromptu holiday visitors.
Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, and oil, 1/4 cup candy, until smooth.
- Use a spoon to mix well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, and place on baking sheet; 2 inches apart.
- Top each dough ball with 2-3 M&M’s.
- Bake 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack, and finish cooling completely before enjoying.
These Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies with M&Ms are an easy holiday cookie idea that your whole family will love!