Angel Food Cake Desserts are quick to make, full of flavor and so easy to put together! Store-bought angel food cake is one of my favorite dessert hacks!
Whether you are craving something fruity, with cream or full of chocolate, one of the dessert recipes on this list will satisfy that sweet tooth!
This list of desserts with angel food cake has easy and tasty recipes that you'll love!
Growing up, my mom always made this Strawberry Angel Food Cake Dessert that was our favorite. And when I shared it on the blog and Pinterest, it became one of my most popular posts!
People love it for many reasons. It's, of course, delicious. But it's also nostalgic and super easy! It prompted me to make this yummy Angel Food Cake with Peaches and Cream dessert too.
Why These Recipes Using Angel Food Cake Mix Work
The irresistible light and airiness of angel food cake make it a favorite for incorporating into many desserts. From trifles and parfaits to homemade batters flavored with cocoa or fruits, angel food cake is always a sweet treat.
Made mostly of beaten egg whites, this fluffy cake batter yields a sponge-like texture that's practically irresistible.
Angel food cake is heavenly on its own, but pair it with other flavors like berries, citrus, cream cheese, pudding, and even chocolate, and you've got a scrumptious dessert just waiting to be devoured.
These easy Angel Food Cake Desserts are a great way to enjoy a sweet treat without feeling too guilty (and are often used in Weight Watchers desserts like this Angel Food Cake with Pineapple).
They are also very easy to make, which means you can spend more time enjoying your dessert and less time preparing it.
If you're looking for a way to up-level this melt-in-your-mouth cake, you'll find plenty of inspiration in this collection of angel food desserts.
If you use a store-bought angel food cake, you shouldn't need any other equipment other than a trifle dish or 9 x 13 pan to hold whatever dessert you are making (There are a few other style desserts on this list but each recipe will tell you specifically what type of equipment you will need).
If you are baking an angel food cake from scratch you will need an angel food cake pan.
- For almost all of these recipes, you can use a store-bought angel food cake, make a cake using a cake mix then decorate or break it up or add some things to a cake mix batter to make it extra special!
- Trifle recipes are very popular and you can change up the flavors anyway you want to! Angel food cake pairs really well with fruit but it's super tasty with chocolate and caramel too!
- For the easiest angel food cake dessert ever, simply slice the angel food cake, pop it in the broil to toast up for a minute then top with fresh fruit, a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a dollop of whipped cream!
- Desserts made with angel food cake are often pretty foolproof making them easy for beginners!
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm not a nutritionist but I do know that there is typically less fat and calories in a basic angel food cake than other types of cake. But when making one of the angel food cake desserts, you may be adding back in all the "bad" depending on if the recipe calls for cream cheese, etc.
You don't want to bake an angel food cake in a non-stick pan because you want the batter to cling to the pan as it bakes so it gets a nice rise which will make it light and fluffy.
For some, like the trifle or where you are just breaking up pieces of cake and mixing with other ingredients you may be able to use pound cake instead. But when making the rolled-up cake above, you'll want to use angel food cake to get the right texture.
Angel Food Cake Desserts are perfect to make as a quick treat for the family, but are pretty and tasty enough to serve to company! Next time you need something quick and easy, try one of these recipes!
More easy angel food cake desserts
More easy dessert recipes
- This Microwave Bread Pudding Recipe is an oversize portion that is perfect for one person. The chocolate chips make it extra decadent!
- This Bourbon Bundt Cake starts with a boxed cake mix that is jazzed up with dates to give it an amazing texture that pairs perfectly with the boozy caramel sauce.
- Looking for more easy dessert? Browse my list of quick and easy Dump Cakes!
- Cool Whip Frosting is always a good idea. It might even be delicious on some of these angel food cake desserts.
- This Snickerdoodle Cookie Cake recipe is a great dessert for a crowd and the frosting pumpkins make it fun for Thanksgiving!