Now you can legit rosé all day. Move straight on from sipping your favorite pink wine to eating Rosé Wine Cupcakes!
These fluffy vanilla cupcakes get a boozy upgrade when spiked with rosé.
A little rosé infused buttercream is the perfect way to finish them off. Serve these for your friend’s birthday or make them for yourself.
These are one of my favorite Alcohol Infused Cupcakes to make. And you’ll love them too.
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn from qualifying purchases by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I also participate in affiliate programs for other retailers.
You need Rosé Wine Cupcakes
Rosé is just as fun to eat as it is to sip!
These pink wine cupcakes are perfect to serve for any type of girly event you are hosting.
And they are super quick and easy thanks to boxed cake mix.
You can easily transform a basic vanilla cupcake into something a little boozier with just a bit of wine!
What type of rosé should I use
For baking, you can certainly get away with using a wine that you don’t love to drink.
Since you don’t use very much, you might as well grab a bottle that you’ll really enjoy.
You will have leftovers which you can sip on as these delicious cupcakes bake.
Here are some good rosé wines that would work perfectly in these wine cupcakes.
Can kids eat these spiked cupcakes
It’s up to you. The cupcakes have 1/2 cup of wine spread throughout the whole batter.
They will get baked but because they only bake for 16 minutes, there is a chance that all the wine won’t be baked out.
The frosting has 1/4 cup of rosé spread throughout the approximately 3 cups of frosting which isn’t cooked.
So use your best judgement.
How do you make a rosé cupcake
You know I like to keep my desserts super easy and these are no exception. Just a little wine is all you need to make a basic cupcakes even more basic.
Because it’s basic to like rosé, get it?
Scroll down to the end of the post for a printable recipe with all the measurements and instructions.
For the rosé cupcakes
- vanilla boxed cake mix
- rosé wine
For the frosting
- vegetable shortening (optional)
- confectioners sugar (also known as powdered sugar)
- heavy cream
- vanilla extract
- rosé wine
- pink food coloring
You can skip the food coloring, but that is what gives these cupcakes and the frosting that pretty pink color.
This frosting recipe uses my Very Best Vanilla Buttercream recipe as the base.
Read that post to see why the vegetable shortening is optional but recommended.
Before you do anything, you’re going to want to put on my Rosé and Rap playlist to listen to while you’re baking.
First, in a stand mixer, you will whip the butter and egg until fluffy, around 3 minutes.
In 3 additions, add the cake mix, buttermilk and rosé, beginning and ending with the cake mix.
Pour the batter into cupcake liners and bake for 16 minutes or until done.
Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
The cupcakes must be cooled completely before frosting or you’ll end up with a mess!
Make your vanilla buttercream and infuse with rosé wine and food coloring.
The confectioners sugar helps give it the sweet flavor I love but whips up perfectly fluffy.
Decorate cupcake with frosting and, of course, finish with sprinkles.
Everything is better with sprinkles.
I love cake mix desserts and this is one of my favorites.
From the pretty pink color and sprinkles to the hint of rosé wine you taste throughout, these cupcakes are smile inducing.
This Rosé Cupcake recipe is perfect for any type of girl’s night, bridal shower or another celebratory occasion.
They also taste just as delicious on a Tuesday afternoon. So make them whenever you feel like it.
Supplies to make this recipe
More easy cupcakes
- Prosecco Cupcakes are another fun wine cupcake recipe to make. This one uses sparkling!
- These Patriotic Jello Poke Cupcakes are great for 4th of July but you can use this yummy technique all year long!
- I’m a huge dump cake fan so these Dump Cake Cupcakes are so fun to make and even more fun to eat!
Rosé Wine Cupcakes
- For the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a bowl, whip up the butter and egg until fluffy (around 3 minutes).
- In 3 additions add the cake mix, buttermilk and rosé (beginning and ending with the cake mix).
- Divide the batter between the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting
- In a large bowl whip the butter, vegetable shortening and salt until light and fluffy, around 7 minutes.
- Add half the confectioners sugar and whip until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and half the heavy cream and mix until fluffy.
- Repeat the process, alternating between sugar and cream and whip up for 3 more minutes until it’s light and airy.
- Add the rosé wine and food coloring and mix well.
- Decorate cupcakes with frosting and finish with sprinkles.
Pin to save these rosé cupcakes for later
Spike your dessert and make these yummy and super easy Rosé Wine Cupcakes!