This easy Rosé Cupcakes Recipe will let you rosé all day in the most delicious way. These fluffy vanilla cupcakes get a boozy upgrade when the batter made from boxed cake mix and homemade buttercream is spiked with rosé wine. These are one of my favorite Alcohol Infused Cupcakes to make for any party. And you’ll love them too.
Why You’ll Love Rosé Wine Cupcakes
This rosé cupcakes recipe starts with a boxed cake mix making it perfect for any beginning baker.
Rosé is just as fun to eat as it is to sip! These pink wine cupcakes are perfect to serve for any type of girly event you are hosting.
Related: Alcohol Infused Cupcakes
You know I like to keep my desserts super easy and these are no exception. Just a little wine is all you need to make a basic cupcake even more basic.
Because it’s basic to like rosé, get it?
And they are super quick and easy thanks to boxed cake mix.
You can easily transform a basic vanilla cupcake into something a little boozier with just a bit of wine! Cake Mix Desserts are truly my favorite to make because they don’t take a lot of prep time and always come out with amazing flavor.
A little rosé infused buttercream is the perfect way to finish these rose wine cupcakes off. Serve these for your friend’s birthday or make them for yourself.
Scroll down to the end of the post for a printable recipe with all the measurements and instructions.
For the Cupcakes
For the Frosting
- vegetable shortening (optional)
- confectioners sugar (also known as powdered sugar)
- heavy cream
- vanilla extract
- rosé wine
- pink food coloring
You can skip the food coloring, but that is what gives these cupcakes and the frosting that pretty pink color.
How to Make Rosé Cupcakes
Before you do anything, you’re going to want to put on my Rosé and Rap playlist to listen to while you’re baking. You know, for the vibes.
Make the cupcakes
Preheat your oven.
In a stand mixer, you will whip the butter and egg until fluffy, around 3 minutes.
(You can also do this with a hand mixer in a batter bowl if you are too lazy (like me) to get your stand mixer out…)
In 3 additions, add the cake mix, buttermilk and rosé, beginning and ending with the cake mix.
Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
The cupcakes must be cooled completely before frosting or you’ll end up with a mess!
Make the Frosting
Make your vanilla buttercream (see the full instructions over in that post) and add rosé wine and food coloring and mix well.
The confectioner’s sugar helps give it the sweet flavor I love but whips up perfectly fluffy.
Decorate the cupcake with frosting and, of course, finish with sprinkles.
Everything is better with sprinkles.
- Don’t want to open a full bottle of rosé just to make these cupcakes? Pick up a pack of individual-sized bottles next time you are at the store. That way you will have enough for the recipe and not a ton leftover.
- Don’t want these to be boozy at all? Just leave it out! The recipe will still taste amazing. Or just leave it out of the buttercream. The vanilla buttercream recipe is seriously my FAVORITE!
Frequently Asked Questions
For baking, you can certainly get away with using a wine that you don’t love to drink. BUT. Since you don’t use very much, you might as well grab a bottle that you’ll really enjoy. You will have leftovers that you can sip on as these delicious cupcakes bake. Here are some good rosé wines that would work perfectly in these wine cupcakes.
It’s up to you. The cupcakes have 1/2 cup of wine spread throughout the whole batter. They will get baked but because they only bake for 16 minutes, there is a chance that all the wine won’t be baked out. The frosting has 1/4 cup of rosé spread throughout the approximately 3 cups of frosting which isn’t cooked. So use your best judgment.
From the pretty pink color and sprinkles to the hint of rosé wine you taste throughout, these cupcakes are smile-inducing.
This Rosé Cupcake recipe is perfect for any type of girl’s night, bridal shower or another celebratory occasion.
Spike your dessert and make these yummy and super easy Rosé Wine Cupcakes!
More recipes with rosé
- This Rosé Lemonade cocktail is perfect to sip any time of year.
- You can mix Coke and Rosé and you should! Would you try this??
- Sparkling Rose Cocktail with Spiced Rum
- Strawberry Rose Sangria
- Peach Frose
More easy cupcake recipes
- Sangria Cupcakes are another fun way to incorporate wine into cupcakes.
- These Patriotic Jello Poke Cupcakes are great for 4th of July but you can use this yummy technique all year long!
- Red Wine Chocolate cupcakes are perfect for the chocolate lover in your life.
- Strawberry Jello Cupcakes are full of flavors that your whole family will love!
- If you love popcorn you need to try these Caramel Corn Cupcakes.
- This tropical pineapple cupcakes with cake mix recipe is the perfect easy dessert idea for all your summer parties.
- This Pina Colada Cupcakes recipe is quick, easy and full of flavor thanks to the coconut rum and cake mix.
- This Snickers Cupcakes Recipe transforms your favorite candy bar into cupcakes!
Rosé Wine Cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a bowl (stand mixer or batter bowl with hand mixer), whip up the butter and egg until fluffy (around 3 minutes).
- In 3 additions add the cake mix, buttermilk and rosé (beginning and ending with the cake mix).
- Divide the batter between the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the frosting
- In a large bowl whip the butter, vegetable shortening and salt until light and fluffy, around 7 minutes.
- Add half the confectioners sugar and whip until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and half the heavy cream and mix until fluffy.
- Repeat the process, alternating between sugar and cream and whip up for 3 more minutes until it’s light and airy.
- Add the rosé wine and food coloring and mix well.
- Decorate cupcakes with frosting and finish with sprinkles.