A Netflix marathon sounds like the perfect way to spend a cold night with the family.
So I put together 20 appetizer ideas to enjoy along with your favorite shows. Appetizers as a meal are my favorite!
California is having some legit winter weather right now. I almost canceled a wine tasting trip to Temecula because it was raining.
Dumb, I know. But we don't know how to deal with driving in anything more than a sprinkle.
I ended up going (and had a blast, by the way) but the chilly weather is really making me want to stay home and snuggle up in front of the television.
As part of the Netflix #StreamTeam, I share my favorite things about Netflix each month.
This month I decided to share with you some delicious appetizer ideas for creating a fun family night in. Because food and Netflix are the perfect pairing.
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn from qualifying purchases by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I also participate in other affiliate programs for other retailers.
Mix and match a few of these appetizer ideas to create a delicious finger food menu!
Click here to see all my Quick and Easy Appetizer recipes.
And you know you're going to need dessert ideas!
What to Watch on Netflix
My Netflix list is all over the place.
I have sweet, rom coms like you might find on the Hallmark Channel (I'm STILL watching holiday-themed movies. I can't quit them!) but I'm also watching things like Hip Hop Evolution.
Which totally came in handy for a school project for my son.
The 5th graders do a “wax museum” at Open House where they get to pretend to be a historical figure and tell people about their lives.
My son decided to be Joseph Simmons, a founding member of Run DMC.
Since I had just watched the hip hop documentary I knew there was information on how Run DMC got their start.
I had my son watch it and he was able to work some of that information into his speech.
He heard a LOT of the f-word but it was a fun way to do a little research for a school project.
Don't forget to use Netflix as a resource for learning. There are so many great biographies and shows that teach.
But it's also the perfect place to catch up on all your favorite TV shows and original shows made for Netflix!
• The Politician is great for you and your hubby to watch
• Workin' Moms is the perfect series to watch with your besties. It's SO funny!
• The kids and I have been watching Blown Away, it's a competition show about glass blowing and it's incredible.
• My teen and I loved the Travis Scott Documentary – Look Mom I Can Fly. It's a really good look behind his career.
• Schitt's Creek is such a fun series. It's probably a little too slow for kids (and some off-color humor) but it's a good one to have on your que!
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Baked Salami Chips are easy to make and have that saltiness that you want when binge-watching.
- Artichoke Dip Sliders take your favorite dip and make it into a cute little sandwich!
- Dried Beef Roll-Ups will be your new favorite appetizer. They are a great make-ahead idea and also travel well!
Pin These Appetizers for Later
Make these easy appetizer ideas for your Netflix night!