Make this easy Orange Jello Shots recipe to get your next party started! Taking just a few minutes to prepare, these Vodka Orange Jello Shots are designed to be made ahead. Just top with whipped cream when you're ready to serve! These 2-ingredient Jello shots are perfect for any grown-up gathering.
These Orange Jello Shots with vodka are super easy to make as a fun dessert for the adults in your life. All you need is some Jello, a cup of vodka and some optional (but do it) whipped cream.
Let's get this party started!
Why you'll love this Jello Shot recipe
I know Jello shots are usually associated with college parties. But served as a party starter or fun dessert you'll love the shot of nostalgia (see what I did there!?). These are guaranteed to put a smile on everyone's face!
And because you can make this recipe for Orange Jello Shots ahead, they're great for taking the stress out of entertaining ahead of the holidays (orange is the perfect color Jello for a Halloween party, I'm just saying!)
Related: Sauvignon Blanc Jello Shots
Oh, and being patient while you wait for them to set! You may also call these Screwdriver Shots because they are made with vodka and orange juice!
Here's what you need to make these gelatin shots.
- orange jello
- boiling water
- cold water
- whipped cream, optional to garnish
- fresh orange slices, optional to garnish
- Jello shot cups
Nothing fancy here, but feel free to use whatever vodka you have on hand. Nothing too pricy - you are making Jello shots after all - but nothing too cheap as you don't want them to taste too sharp!
And while plastic shot cups aren't an actual ingredient, I do want to make sure you know you need to get these for serving! You can use something else, but you want to make sure they are short and wide rather than tall.
See the printable recipe card for quantities and full recipe.
How to make orange jello shots
Whisk the Jello into 2 cups of boiling water, stirring until it is dissolved.
Stir in 1 cup of cold water.
Stir in the vodka.
Divide the Jello mixture among 2oz shot cups.
Move the cups to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours, until set.
Before serving, if desired top with whipped cream and a fresh orange slice!
- Change up the Jello flavor - obviously, this recipe can be used to make Jello shots from any flavor of Jello!
- Change the spirit - if you want to add more flavor to these Jello shots, use rum, gin or tequila instead. Just choose something which, like vodka is between 40 and 55 percent alcohol so the shots set properly. Flavored vodkas would also add a great twist too.
- Layer it up! - level up your Jello shots by layering them up. Halve the recipe, make the Jello shots, and when they're set make another half batch with a different flavor of Jello to set on top of the original shot.
- Add mandarin pieces - A few chopped mandarin pieces in each Jello shot will give them an extra fruity twist! Just make sure they're drained well and patted dry on kitchen paper so the shot sets properly.
- Don't add the whipped cream until you're ready to serve. The whipped cream will start to melt the Jello and vice versa so if you don't leave this step until the last minute things might get messy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Eventually, but each Jello shot only has one 16th of a cup of vodka in it so you'll probably start to feel sick from too much Jello first!
No! Just use sauce pots or shot glasses if you have enough. Or, hollow out orange halves and set the shot in there. Slice them before you're ready to serve to make Jello shots that look like orange slices! If you do plan on slicing the Jello, reduce the vodka to ¾ cup so they set firmer and slice better.
More shot recipes
More easy Jello recipes
- Jello Dessert Recipes for Thanksgiving
- Easy Strawberry Jello Cupcakes Recipe
- 4th July Jello Poke Cupcakes
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake Recipe with Cool Whip
- Stovetop Jello Popcorn Recipe with Candy Coating
Save and Pin this recipe for later!
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!
Make-ahead Orange Vodka Jello Shots with Whipped Cream
- 6 oz Orange Jello
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 1 cup Vodka
- Whipped Cream optional
- Orange Slices optional
- Whisk the orange Jello into the 2 cups of boiling water, stirring until the Jello is dissolved.
- Stir in 1 cup of cold water and 1 cup of vodka.
- Divide the Jello mixture among 16 2 oz Jello cups.
- Move the cups to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, if desired, top with the whipped cream and a fresh orange slice!