With fresh strawberries and mint, this delicious drink is fruity and refreshing. Make a super easy Strawberry Moscow Mule with mint for your next happy hour.
If you love to try different Moscow Mule recipes, you'll love this version.
Originally posted September, 2015. Updated with new photos and better directions for making it perfectly every time.
I originally made this Strawberry Mint Moscow Mule recipe for spring. But even when strawberries are out of season, they're still a great cocktail ingredient. They add such a nice, fruity flavor and can be always easily found at the grocery store.
Adding fresh mint is a great way to add another layer of flavor. Or, like in my Strawberry Basil Margarita, you could use a different herb instead. Herbs and strawberries are a delicious match.
This easy twist on the Classic Moscow Mule is a great way to bring in your favorite fruit flavors. And once you know how to muddle fresh fruit, you can easily try it with other flavors (like a Blackberry Mule or Lemon Blueberry Mule for example).
Scroll down to the end of the post for a printable recipe card with full measurements and more detailed instructions.
If you want to really amp up the flavor you can make a Strawberry Simple Syrup and use it instead of fresh.
- fresh lime juice
- fresh strawberries
- fresh mint
- ginger beer
Ginger beer, where have you been all my life?! The first time I had an original Moscow Mule I fell in love with it!
I'd always been a fan of ginger ale, but ginger beer is even less sweet and has a little bit of the bite of fresh ginger. It's one of my favorite mixers for cocktails.
Use fresh lime if you can. Otherwise, you could substitute it with Rose's Lime Juice which has a little sweetness added.
Depending on the sweetness of the strawberries, you may want to add some extra sweetener. Use simple syrup, honey, agave or maple syrup.
Can you make a Moscow Mule without mint?
Yes. But you'd be crazy. The mint adds such a nice, fresh touch.
If you don't want to have as much mint flavor, you could use it just to garnish. It's a classic garnish for Moscow Mules.
How to make a Strawberry Mule
Typically, you don't make a Mule recipe in a cocktail shaker. But in this case, because of the muddling, it works best.
I don't know what I did before I had one of these lime squeezer things. It's the best way to get the most juice out of your citrus.
Add the vodka and shake it up to mix.
Strain into a copper Moscow Mule mug with fresh ice. Because you've mashed the strawberries, there are lots of bits and pieces. Using the strainer from the shaker will help keep most of it out.
If you don't like bits in your drink, you can double strain the cocktail. Or you can make this Strawberry Simple Syrup (leaving out the basil - or swap it for mint!). It has a similar flavor to fresh strawberries but is completely smooth.
Top with 2-3 ounces of ginger beer. And give it a quick stir. Garnish with a small spring of mint and you're ready to start sipping.
A good Moscow Mule always has plenty of ice. Mules are so refreshing and perfect for a warm day! But isn't it funny how cocktails over ice are also great on a cold day????
A copper mug helps to keep everything extra frosty and is my favorite way to serve a Strawberry Mule recipe to friends.
These are perfect for a girl's night in. Or a Friday. They are literally great any time.
If you came over from Pinterest, this photo may look familiar! It was from the original post. Same great cocktail.
To make a larger batch of this cocktail you could pre-muddle the lime, berries and mint by hand, use a flavored simple syrup or even toss these 3 things into a heavy duty blender and liquify them.
You could even make a large pitcher, less the ginger beer, and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Looking for bold berry flavor? Try this Blueberry Moscow Mule! The color is pretty too!
- Corpse Reviver 2 : Don't be afraid of the name, these are SO good! It's refreshing with a touch of lemon. It's a must-try!
- This Spiced Daiquiri is a cocktail you didn't even know you were missing! With just a touch of vanilla, it's great heading into the holidays.
- I learned to make a Blended Cucumber Margarita in Loreto and it's still a favorite!
- This easy Vanilla Moscow Mule recipe is tasty and refreshing and perfect for any time of year!
- A Coke Moscow Mule cocktail is a fun cola twist on a classic vodka drink recipe.
Pin to save this Strawberry Moscow Mule with mint for later.
Strawberry Moscow Mule with Mint
- In a cocktail shaker add fresh lime juice, strawberries and mint leaves.
- Use a muddler to bruise the mint and help the strawberries release their juices.
- Add vodka (and ice if you want it extra cold) and shake well.
- Strain over fresh ice in a short glass or copper mug (taking care that the strawberry pulp may block the strainer)
- Top with 2-3 ounces of ginger beer.
- Take 3 mint leaves and clap them between your hands (helps release the oils) and garnish.