With seasonal flavors and fall vibes, you’ll love this list of easy Pumpkin Cocktails. Whether you’re hosting Friendsgiving or enjoying a quiet night in, these recipes will help you find the perfect pumpkin drinks to make at home.
Nothing says fall like the flavor of pumpkin! And while we like to make fun of America’s love of all things pumpkin spice, enjoying a pumpkin alcohol drink is a MUST at least once during the season.
Not only can you enjoy these delicious seasonal cocktails with pumpkin at home, but they also make great adult Halloween drinks, and are tasty enough to serve for Thanksgiving.
Pumpkin cocktails make a signature drink that creates a memorable fall moment.
This list has tons of easy and delicious alcoholic Halloween drinks or cocktails with pumpkin puree to choose from.
If you’re a pumpkin fan, you also might love a Pumpkin Recipes e-cookbook! I worked on this with some blogging friends and it has 30 recipes with breakfast, drinks and desserts that are all pumpkin flavored! YUM!
Just click the image below to grab a free sample page of one of my pumpkin cocktails and learn more about the book.
The rich, earthy flavor of pumpkin is perfect for this time of year and that’s why I compiled a list of some of my favorite pumpkin cocktails. Enjoy!
How to Add Pumpkin Flavor to Cocktails
That rich pumpkin flavor can be added to cocktails in a variety of ways.
You can even make classic cocktails a little more fall-friendly by swapping out the traditional spirit for some pumpkin-flavored alcohol.
Sometimes you can find Pumpkin Pie Spice Extract which can take any cocktail recipe and add that pumpkin spice flavor.
- When mixing up your own easy pumpkin cocktails, try using maple syrup for the sweetener! It adds a richness, that pairs perfectly with the pumpkin flavor. It’s a great fall switch from using regular simple syrup.
- Only need a tablespoon or two of pumpkin? Freeze the rest so you can make pumpkin puree cocktails all season long. Scoop tablespoon-sized dollops of pumpkin onto a wax paper-covered sheet pan. Freeze until hard, then bag up! Grab and defrost only what you need!
- Just about any liquor will work with pumpkin flavor but some of my favorites are spiced rum and bourbon or whisky. Of course, vodka such a versatile flavor, is great for drinks too!
- Adding a rim to a cocktail glass is the perfect finishing touch, even for pumpkin cocktails. You can use Tajin, spiced sugar, pie spice and even caramel and they will all taste delicious (of course, which rim to use will depend on which recipe you are making above).
Frequently Asked Questions
From copper mugs that look like pumpkins to a pumpkin punchbowl, you can serve pumpkin cocktails in just about anything! Use a pumpkin ice mold and chill a larger batch of a fall drink. Garnish with a cute Halloween stir stick or pumpkin umbrella, and you’re all set.
Yes, if the recipe you choose requires pumpkin puree, you can make your own. Head to this recipe from Dish by Dish to see how.
Boozy pumpkin drinks can be on the sweet side but have a hint of savory that is really nice! It keeps the drinks from feeling like you’re eating dessert. Pumpkin pairs well with cream which you can sweeten up in a number of ways. It also depends on how you are adding pumpkin to a drink. A pumpkin syrup will make a drink on the sweeter side.
- This Pumpkin Martini is creamy and delicious.
- Browse these Easy Halloween Cocktails if you are looking for something to serve on October 31.
- Still not sure what to make? Check out all of my Tequila Cocktails.
- Ready to spice things up? Make one of these Fireball Cocktails.
- Coke Cocktails are always easy and enjoyable.