Do you have a Bucket List? You may remember that I’ve been working with ZICO Coconut water on my Life List (they are not sponsoring this post BTW but the campaign did inspire me to create this list too). When I first started that campaign, I thought they were one in the same. After sitting down to write my Life List, it got me thinking about living life, in general. I love that the Life List prompts you to make changes to live a more fulfilling life, and perhaps, bettering yourself in some way. But as I started to really think about those types of changes, I realized that I had never made a bucket list either. For a while, bucket lists were all the rage with a TV show and movie geared at crossing things off said list. And I’ve never really stopped to think about things I want to do before I leave this earth.
I also never felt like I needed to make a bucket list. I have been really blessed in my life and have gotten to do some amazing things! I’ve gotten to photograph some of my favorite bands at the time (No Doubt, Beck, The Specials) in concert which were then published in a free music magazine. A photo that I took of a local band is featured on their cd case. I’ve taken a trapeze class on the Santa Monica Pier. I’ve taken a helicopter tour of a city I love (Los Angeles). I’ve gotten to travel a little bit. I mentioned a few more of the fun things I’ve done in this birthday post a few years ago. Because of what my husband does and who he knows, I’ve gotten to do some rad things with and because of him. And thanks to this blog, I’ve gotten some of the most amazing experiences ever, that I didn’t even know I wanted to have. But I decided that I should really put some thought in to what I REALLY want to do still. Like, REALLY do. And then why not try to cross some of those off too.
So here is my Bucket List, in no particular order:
- I am dying to take the boys on an airplane! O had been on one twice but he was too little to remember. And M asks pretty consistently.
- Professional Football is the only pro sport I haven’t seen in person so I would love to go to a game in a big stadium with lots of beer, painted beer bellies and crazy fans.
- I would die if I could hand out gifts on one of Ellen‘s huge giveaway shows! I adore her and her generosity. If I could afford to, I would give people gifts all the time. But I can’t so to be able to bring joy to those people (via Ellen’s wallet…;) would be amazing.
- I would love to get annual passes to Disneyland for the family.
- I want to eat at Club 33 and the Blue Bayou at Disneyland.
- I want to see the room inside the castle!
- I want to take my oldest son to his first concert. I know the joy live music brings me and I can’t wait to share that with him! We just missed One Direction in our area. And although they are not my favorite, I know that would have been the most memorable night for him!
- I’d love to go wine tasting. I’ve done tastings on a small-scale, but never at a winery. I want to do legit tastings and actually see grapes on vines.
- I NEED to go to Melbourne, Australia. For my soul. I am obsessed with the design and culture that come out of that area and to be there in person would be life changing.
- I need to get my bff, Kayla, to move home to California…This is probably not a reasonable thing to have on my Bucket List but it stays. You’ve gotta put it out there in the universe, right?
- I want to take a knife skills class.
- I want to experience Coachella. Due to my level of high maintenanceness (yup, a word) it would be best if I could go with a band and be some sort of VIP, with access to water, shade, bathrooms, easy ingress and egress from the venue and a stay in a hotel or private home…
- And I need to explore New York and Paris with my husband. We travel more apart than we do together and these are places that we just need to spend time together.
And since I was completing items off my Life List, I decided to complete an item off my Bucket List too! Can you guess which one it is? I’ll be sharing next week! Do you have a Bucket List?