1. Bake muffins :: A fancy schmancy breakfast is ok too but making muffins (even from a box) is awesome. Not only will she get a nice warm muffin for breakfast, but chances are there are leftovers which means the kid’s breakfast is taken care of for the next few days. It’s the gift that keeps giving. Be sure to serve them with a cute napkin!
2. A pretty fruit bowl :: Grab her favorite fruits, make sure it is colorful and tuck a gorgeous bloom (like the stunning orchid above) in to the bowl. It’s silly to say the flower makes fruit better but look at it. Who wouldn’t want to have this in front of them!
3. A new coffee mug :: You know she is going to drink coffee so why not surprise her with a special mug. Make sure it is something that she might pick for herself or plan ahead and order one with a special message or photo on it. It will be a nice touch that she is sure to appreciate.
4. Sweet messages :: Have the kids leave candy messages around for mom to find. Ask them to write out words that describe what they think of their mom. What mom wouldn’t love finding affirming words that she can eat?! You can order Gummy Alphabet Letters here.
5. Relaxation station :: Mother’s Day doesn’t end after brunch. Set up a place for her to hang out the rest of the day. Set out mimosas, some spa water and a comfy place for her to catch up on her reading, pinning on Pinterest or even just sitting in quiet for a few minutes.
These are super simple tips for giving Mom a great Mother’s Day. But of course, these can be used on her birthday, or any other regular old day that you want to show your Mom you care.
*This post contains affiliate links. Read more about my editorial policies here.