Whether you’re hosting a party or sipping alone, this list of Easy Halloween Cocktails has the perfect amount of creep factor.
These creative recipes are holiday-themed and scarily easy to drink! If easy cocktails are your thing, you’re sure to find one that is frightful enough to drink in the dark.
This post was originally published on October 23, 2020, and has now been updated with more details to make boozy Halloween drinks perfectly every time.
While I typically prefer to keep my cocktails really simple and use basic ingredients, Halloween is when I like to get a little more creative.
Whether I’m making drinks for ghoul-friends (see what I did there?) or cocktailing before trick or treating, Halloween is the perfect time to get extra creepy and make something a little more flashy.
With a few easy Halloween party ideas and a cocktail or two from this creepy list, you will have a festive holiday! Put on a spooky Halloween Vibes playlist (it’s not holiday songs, but moody indie songs that will creep you out) and sip away!
How to make Easy Halloween Drinks
Making themed cocktails for Halloween will require a bit more pre-planning than usual. From the oddly colored liqueurs to the extra sticky, blood-like simple syrups, these aren’t recipes that you can just throw together.
Make sure to not only read the list of ingredients but also the full instructions to ensure that you have everything you need to make a creepy cocktail fit for any scary night creature.
Aside from the easy Halloween cocktail recipes, the glassware is where you can really have some fun.
- These Glass Skull mugs are perfect for all kinds of different recipes!
- Skeleton Glass Wine Goblets are fun to serve a colorful drink in.
- Drinking from a Beaker or Ball Flask just feels all kinds of spooky.
- Black Gothic Wine Goblets are dramatic and dark.
- Blacked Out Copper Mule mugs feel vintage and perfect for party drinks.
Creepy Garnishes and Accessories
From sprinkles to DIY eyeball garnishes, you can take your easy Halloween cocktails to the next level by adding some accessories.
- With candy eyeballs and moody colors, these Halloween Sprinkles are a great cocktail glass rim idea.
- Stainless steel Skeleton Swizzle Sticks are the perfect way to finish off any spooky drink.
- Skull-shaped ice cubes would work in almost every type of boozy Halloween drinks.
- Cut the ring off these Plastic Spiders and rest one of the rim of the glass. I had a drink served that way at a local restaurant and it was cute and so easy!
- Gummy Eyeballs is just what you need to push these drinks ofver the creepy edge.
How to Make Smoky Halloween Drinks
One way to instantly make a drink a little more dubious is to add dry ice. Dry ice isn’t found at every store so you may have to do a little research to find a location near you.
A small piece of dry ice in a punch bowl or a cup gives the drink a smoky effect that is super eery and fun.
Dry ice doesn’t change the flavor of the drink at all but is bit dangerous to handle. If you take the proper precautions, everything will be fine.
DO NOT TOUCH IT WITH YOUR HANDS! And make sure to take extra care when chipping off pieces from the larger block.
Kids will think this is the best thing ever so make sure you don’t leave it unattended as they can burn themselves.
The View From Great Island has more information for safely using Dry Ice in cocktails.
- A Spiced Blackberry Moscow Mule for Halloween. This fun cocktail has activated charcoal to make it black!
- A Pumpkin Spice Margarita is just the thing to make before the Trick-or-Treaters arrive.
- A Pumpkin Mule (with pumpkin rum) or a Pumpkin Spice Mule (with canned pumpkin) is a quick and easy seasonal drink to try!