Whether you're hosting a party or sipping alone, this list of Easy Halloween Cocktails has the perfect amount of creep factor. These creative recipes are holiday-themed and scarily easy to drink! If easy cocktails are your thing, you're sure to find one that is frightful enough to drink in the dark.
While I typically prefer to keep my cocktails really simple and use basic ingredients, Halloween is when I like to get a little more creative and potentially buy a specialty liqueur.
Whether I'm making drinks for ghoul-friends (see what I did there?) or cocktailing before trick or treating, Halloween is the perfect time to get extra creepy and make something a little more flashy.
With a few easy Halloween party ideas and a cocktail or two from this creepy list, you will have a festive holiday! Put on a spooky Halloween Vibes playlist (it's not holiday songs, but moody indie songs that will creep you out) and sip away!
How to make Easy Halloween Drinks
Making themed cocktails for Halloween will require a bit more pre-planning than usual. From the oddly colored liqueurs to the extra sticky, blood-like simple syrups, these aren't recipes that you can just throw together.
Make sure to not only read the list of ingredients but also the full instructions to ensure that you have everything you need to make a creepy cocktail fit for any scary night creature.
Aside from the easy Halloween cocktail recipes, the glassware is where you can really have some fun.
- These Glass Skull mugs are perfect for all kinds of different recipes!
- Skeleton Glass Wine Goblets are fun to serve a colorful drink in.
- Drinking from a Beaker Shot Glasses or Ball Flask just feels all kinds of spooky.
- Black Gothic Glasses are dramatic and dark.
- Blacked Out Copper Mule mugs feel vintage and perfect for party drinks.
Or make things even creepier with some plastic drink (Jello Shots!) syringes or blood bags that you can serve in an inflatable coffin.
With themed glassware, you can even serve a regular old cocktail, like a Blood Orange Margarita, but make it feel more festive.
Creepy Garnishes and Accessories
From sprinkles to DIY eyeball garnishes, you can take your easy Halloween cocktails to the next level by adding some accessories.
- With candy eyeballs and moody colors, these Halloween Sprinkles are a great cocktail glass rim idea.
- Stainless steel Skeleton Swizzle Sticks are the perfect way to finish off any spooky drink.
- Skull-shaped ice cubes would work in almost every type of boozy Halloween drinks.
- Cut the ring off these Plastic Spiders and rest one of the rim of the glass. I had a drink served that way at a local restaurant and it was cute and so easy!
- Gummy Eyeballs is just what you need to push these drinks ofver the creepy edge.
How to Make Smoky Halloween Drinks
One way to instantly make a drink a little more dubious is to add dry ice. Dry ice isn't found at every store so you may have to do a little research to find a location near you.
A small piece of dry ice in a punch bowl or a cup gives the drink a smoky effect that is super eery and fun.
Dry ice doesn't change the flavor of the drink at all but is a bit dangerous to handle. If you take the proper precautions, everything will be fine.
DO NOT TOUCH IT WITH YOUR HANDS! And make sure to take extra care when chipping off pieces from the larger block.
Kids will think this is the best thing ever so make sure you don't leave it unattended as they can burn themselves.
The View From Great Island has more information for safely using Dry Ice in cocktails.
Easy Halloween Cocktail Recipes
They're creepy and spooky! These easy Halloween cocktails are fun to make and even more fun to drink. If you need a themed cocktail to serve at a party I'm sure you'll find one here.
Blood Orange & Bourbon Witches Brew Cocktail
This extra creepy version of an Old Fashioned uses Blood Oranges, bourbon and pomegranate juice to make an ominous cocktail rimmed in ooze.
Black Vodka Halloween Punch
This creepy black Vodka Halloween Punch is perfect for parties and is terrifyingly delicious. With fresh lemon juice, honeycrisp apple juice and ginger beer, this is a quick and easy vodka cocktail that is great for a crowd!
Bloody Eyeball Cocktail Recipe
Candy corn, vodka and marshmallow cream create a red drink that is super sweet and gory. Easy Halloween cocktails often have a simple recipe that is jazzed up with a creepy garnish like this one.
Black Widow Venom Moonshine
Both sweet and spicy, this Black Widow Venom Moonshine is sure to be a hit when it comes to flavor, but it also has a look that screams Halloween.
Cave Of Wonders Cocktail
A smoky Pineapple Cherry Cocktail seems like the perfect drink to drive away evil. Boozy Halloween drinks are even better with a little smoke! I'll show you how to use dry ice in my tips below!
Demon Juice Halloween Cocktail Recipe
If you're looking for Halloween party drinks, this sour cocktail recipe is extra festive thanks to the candy-coated rim!
Halloween Spiked Toxic Tonic Recipe
On looks alone, this cocktail seems straight out of a laboratory. And the ingredients, lime juice, lime sherbet, and wine have me craving one right now! it's boozy and refreshing!
Just 3 ingredients and a plastic spider is all it takes to create a bright green cocktail to share with ghouls and zombies.
Pomegranate S’Cream Soda
Basically a Pomegranate Italian Cream, this creamy cocktail is delicious with a spooky twist. If you're a fan of horror movies, this easy Halloween cocktail has your name all over it.
Spider Cider Cocktail
This recipe has your favorite seasonal flavors and a festive holiday sprinkle rim! Spiced rum and apple cider give it a yummy flavor. And you won't be able to resist that caramel and candy-coated rim!
Spooky Halloween Party Punch
This fruity party punch is flavorful and super scary with the ice cube hands! This is the ultimate in Halloween party drinks! it's great for a crowd, hands down. Get it?
The Crypt Keeper Cocktail
The Crypt Keeper Cocktail is a 3 ingredient cocktail recipe that can be made quickly. Blue Curaçao mixes with cranberry juice to create this dark purple color that looks delicious.
Zombie Cocktail with Orange Juice and Rum
This cocktail gets it's name from making the drinker turn into a zombie thanks to its potency...Good luck!
- A Spiced Blackberry Moscow Mule for Halloween. This fun cocktail has activated charcoal to make it black!
- A Pumpkin Spice Margarita is just the thing to make before the Trick-or-Treaters arrive.
- A Pumpkin Mule (with pumpkin rum) or a Pumpkin Spice Mule (with canned pumpkin) is a quick and easy seasonal drink to try!
Recipes to Pair with Your Cocktails
- Make a Halloween Dump Cake with leftover fun-sized candy bars.
- Halloween Rice Crispy Treats are a fun and easy dessert idea to serve to kids AND adults.
- Make a batch of creepy Halloween Cupcakes to serve alongside your favorite drink.
This post was originally published on October 23, 2020, and has now been updated with more details to make boozy Halloween drinks perfectly every time.
Leave a Reply