This vibrant, spooky Halloween Cocktail recipe with Tequila is the perfect drink for October 31st! A mix of blue curaçao, grenadine and green apple syrup make for a ghoulish green color while the generous splash of tequila brings serious Halloween Margarita vibes to your next Halloween party.
If you’re looking for a super fun, super spooky cocktail to serve at your next Halloween party you’re going to LOVE this Halloween Cocktail Recipe with Tequila!
Why I love this Halloween cocktail recipe
Fun and fruity with green apple syrup, grenadine and the orange notes of blue curaçao it’s a super sweet Halloween drink to serve with a ghoulish black and green color thanks to all the ingredients.
Related: 13 Easy Halloween Cocktails
It has serious Halloween Margarita vibes, but if you’re looking for something a bit more traditional with a holiday twist, you can always transform my everyday Margarita on the Rocks recipe by dying it black with a mix of food coloring and black charcoal (I show you how in my Halloween Punch recipe!)
And while I usually skip all this colorful stuff in favor of fresh ingredients in my cocktails, Halloween is the right time to make something different.
This is what you need to make a Halloween Tequila Cocktail:
Use any tequila blanco (read why I like the Cazadores brand) you like here so the clear spirit won’t mess with the colors of this spooky Halloween drink! Don’t choose anything fancy as you’re mixing it with quite sweet, bold flavors!
Choose the most vibrant green apple syrup and grenadine you can for this recipe for the best results – this is not the time for all-natural colorings and flavorings!
You can cut the sweetness a bit if you make your own homemade sweet-and-sour mix.
See the printable recipe card for quantities and full recipe.
Fill a low ball glass with ice and pour over the tequila and blue curaçao.
Add the green apple syrup, sweet and sour mix and grenadine.
Stir gently with a cocktail spoon to help the colors mix (but only a little bit so you still get that black / green ombre hue) and serve!
- Change the spirit – both vodka and gin would taste great in this Halloween cocktail, as they pair well with the rest of the ingredients which give it it’s creepy color.
- Up the spooky vibes – up the Halloween factor of this drink by serving it over these incredible DIY Halloween Worm Ice Cubes!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Simply make the up to three days ahead of time and store it in the fridge ready to serve to guests.
I’ve gone for a simple mason jar here because it is easy for entertaining but this drink would work in any glass you want where you can serve a drink on the rocks.
More easy Halloween ideas
- Blackberry Moscow Mule Cocktail Recipe for Halloween
- Easy Black Halloween Vodka Punch Recipe for Adults
- Pumpkin Oranges DIY for Halloween with Cloves
- Easy Chocolate Halloween Dump Cake Recipe
- Easy Homemade Halloween Candles with Spooky Ants
- Halloween Bark Recipe
- Black Tequila Cocktail (for Halloween)
Save and Pin this recipe for later!
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!
A Spooky Halloween-themed Margarita Recipe
- Fill a low ball glass with ice.
- Add the tequila and blue curaçao.
- Then add the apple syrup, sweet and sour mix, and the grenadine.
- Stir gently with a cocktail spoon to help the colors mix (but only a little bit so you still get that black / green ombre hue) and serve!