This list of easy Halloween Rice Crispy Treat Ideas will show you how to dress up your favorite cereal and marshmallow dessert and make them perfect for any party or playdate!
From mummies to pumpkins, these simple twists to the classic treat are a fun way to celebrate the spookiest of seasons.
Why Serve Rice Crispy Treats
Classic Rice Crispy Treats are a quick and easy dessert recipe that are great for just about any holiday. With just a few ingredients plus some spooktacular decorative touches, these ideas are just right for any Halloween party.
All of these ideas are simple meaning you don’t need any special skills to recreate these Rice Crispy Treat Ideas at home. Just use your favorite recipe and follow the step-by-step tutorials to make your own.
Don’t be afraid to make some mummy treats! All you need to be able to do is drizzle melted white chocolate from a piping bag!
Pair these holiday treats with some Halloween Cocktails and you have everything you need for a Halloween Happy Hour.
For most of these cereal treats, all you need is mini marshmallows (or large, whichever you prefer), Rice Krispies Cereal, and butter which you can find in the baking aisle at your local grocery store.
Make these on the stove or in a microwave safe bowl. These easy Halloween treats will be a huge hit!
Tips and Tricks
- For most of these Halloween Rice Crispy Treat Ideas you can use a cookie cutter or cut them into other shapes to make them even more fun.
- While these are fun to serve the kids, you can also have the kids help you decorate them and turn it into an activity as well. Have the parent press them into a pan, as the melted marsmmallows are HOT. Once cooled, the kids can do most of the decorating.
- To keep the sticky cereal from sticking to your hands, rub them with butter before pressing them into the pan.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper to make the rice crispy treats to make them easier to remove. Or use a silicon pan to keep things easy.
- Need even more ideas for a special treat for the holiday? Brainstorm other Halloween words and see if you can create another cereal treat. For example, candy corn rice crispy treats would be cute! And how about some Frankenstein rice crispy treats?
Fequently Asked Questions
No. Rice Crispy Treats can be kept at room temperature. But you may put them in the refrigerator to help them firm up after you’ve pressed them into a pan.
Rice Crispy Treats are best kept in an airtight container. They’ll stay fresh for about 2 days (although my kids eat them after that and they still taste fine but start to lose their crisp texture.
If you think your cereal treats are too firm, it could be from a few different things. You may have overcooked the marshmallow, or you might have pressed the mixture into the pan too much.
Give Rice Crispy Pumpkins a try this year! Your kids will love all of these Halloween Rice Crispy Treat Ideas! They’re a fun way to celebrate the holiday.