This Blueberry Moscow Mule recipe is quick and easy and oh so refreshing! Fresh blueberries paired with blueberry simple syrup pack a flavor punch! It’s a fruity twist on the classic vodka cocktail.
Moscow Mules are always a hit and this version is no different. Grab that copper mug and mix up this easy drink idea ASAP!
Moscow Mules are unfussy, easy cocktails to make at home that anyone can master. Switching up a few flavors can create tasty variations that are perfect for sharing with friends.
Why this recipe works
If you love to mix up drinks for your friends and family, you’ll want to add this Blueberry Mule to your must-make list! While it’s super easy to make, it feels special.
Without even a cocktail shaker, this recipe comes together quickly and are perfect for sipping any time of year, although you will need to plan ahead to account for the time it takes to make the Blueberry Simple Syrup.
Blueberries have a sweet, fairly generic berry taste that gives this drink a beautiful color. It’s almost a shame to serve them in a copper mug and hide the beauty.
Serve this for any party, barbecue or happy hour you host at home.
The star of this show is the blueberry-flavored simple syrup. Follow the steps in my syrup post to get the sweetener made and cooled ahead of time. This is a great idea to make the day before you need it.
Ginger Beer is a classic ingredient for mules. This is not the same as ginger ale so make sure you pick up the right thing. It is also non-alcoholic (they have started making a “hard” style so watch out for that as well).
It has a nice bite and zing of ginger to it making it the perfect pairing for the simple syrup. There are several brands on the market and most (do not buy the flavored varieties) are great in this recipe.
How to Make a Blueberry Mule
To a copper mug add ice. Then add fresh lime juice. This is my favorite measuring jigger that makes it so easy to see what I’m doing.
Add in the vodka.
Add the blueberry syrup. Look at that color! Insert heart eyes emoji here.
Top with 3-4 ounces of ginger beer. Resist the urge to fill the mug the rest of the way as you’ll start to lose the other flavors of the cocktail.
Mix everything together, toss in a sprig of fresh mint and enjoy.
You don’t have to use a bar spoon to mix but sometimes it can feel like you are fighting the ice cubes when mixing with a regular spoon.
Tips and Tricks
- Use a citrus flavored vodka for another flavor kick! Or switch it up completely with a different type of liquor, like whiskey or tequila!
- Want to play up the blueberry flavor even more, muddle a few fresh berries in the copper mug before adding the rest of the ingredients. When you layer fresh flavors with a flavored simple-syrup it always adds an extra hit of flavor.
- You can add extra flavor to this drink by changing up the simple syrup. Steep the blueberries with fresh rosemary, basil, ginger or even cinnamon sticks to create a one of a kind drink flavor.
- This Blueberry Mule recipe is easy to make into a few drinks because you’ve already made the blueberry simple syrup. Use the serving slider in the recipe card below to see how to make this recipe into a larger batch.
Fequently Asked Questions
Use your favorite vodka in this recipe. If you don’t have a favorite, I like Tito’s. It’s a good price point and highly rated among experts.
No. I’m a big believer that you don’t have to use the “correct” glassware when making cocktails. However, a copper mug certainly does enhance the experience and keep this drink extra chilled and refreshing. It’s worth buying a set!
Yes, you can make this recipe without using the blueberry simple syrup. You can just use regular simple syrup (or leave it out altogether) and muddle fresh berries in the glass prior to adding the ice. You will not get a pronounced blueberry flavor that way. But you will still get a hint of fruitiness.
This Blueberry Mule is refreshing, berry-licious, and such a gorgeous color. You’ll want to share this one with friends.
- This Fireball Mule is one of my most popular, especially around holiday time! It’s sweet with a kick from the spicy cinnamon whiskey.
- A Lemon Lavender Haus Mule is unique and totally delicious. With aperitif wine, it’s complex in flavor but still super easy to make.
- If you are friends with a Moscow Mule fan, here is my gift guide just for them!
Blueberry Moscow Mule
- Add ice to a copper mug.
- Add fresh lime juice, vodka, and blueberry simple syrup.
- Top with 3-4 ounces of ginger beer.
- Use a spoon to stir everything together.
- Add a sprig of fresh mint to garnish.
- Optional, for more blueberry flavor, muddle a handful of fresh blueberries in the copper mug before adding ice. Then proceed with the above.
- Use citrus-flavored vodka for another flavor kick! Or switch it up completely with a different type of liquor, like whiskey or tequila!
- You can add extra flavor to this drink by changing up the simple syrup. Steep the blueberries with fresh rosemary, basil, ginger or even cinnamon sticks to create a one-of-a-kind drink flavor.
- This Blueberry Moscow Mule recipe is easy to make into several drinks because you’ve already made the blueberry simple syrup. Use the serving slider in the recipe card above to see how to make this recipe into a larger batch.