This Strawberries Romanoff Dip recipe made with tangy sour cream, brown sugar, vanilla, and silky whipped topping is a delicious dessert option for entertaining. It is quick and easy and pairs perfectly with your favorite prosecco.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
This Strawberry Dessert Recipe is so easy!
I came up with the idea for a Strawberries Romanoff Dip after I fell in love with Strawberries Romanoff when I visited my bestie in San Antonio. A local restaurant chain serves it and it IS SO DELICIOUS! So I decided to figure out how to make it at home.
Related: Easy Strawberry Snack
This, my friends, is Strawberries Romanoff Dip. And it’s crazy delicious. AND SO EASY! I’m sorry for yelling I’m just angry with myself for not recreating this earlier. Because now it’s my go-to dish for entertaining.
It works as an appetizer or dessert which is cool. Just pair it with the perfect bottle of prosecco and invite some friends over for a casual hang.
Sour cream, brown sugar, and vanilla. What?! Plus some whipped cream. That’s it! Some recipes call for brandy but I used vanilla so that it would be kid friendly. And I didn’t have any brandy.
And I used store-bought whipped cream because I’m lazy. I made homemade whipped cream a few weeks ago and used a whisk. My arm was sore for days. I could have used my mixer but I wanted to see if this swap out would work. And it does. Deliciously.
How to Make Strawberries Romanoff Dip
Add the sour cream, vanilla, and brown sugar to a bowl and stir.
Once you’ve mixed it well, and the sugar has dissolved, fold in the whipped cream. Mix well again.
Place this in the fridge for at least one hour before serving. It doesn’t need to be set up or anything, it just means the flavors will meld together.
I mean, it was good when I tasted it right after I made it. But it was even better when I brought it back out for the kids to eat after dinner. And again when we served it on waffles the next morning…
- For the grown-ups – for a boozy version add Grand Marnier. It will add citrus flavor and depth.
- For a thinner texture – use heavy cream instead of ready-made whipped cream.
- Make sure to stock up on the berries. While this serving looks demure on the plate above, that is not how it went down when my family ate this dessert. I guarantee your guests will be the same way. Depending on how many people you are inviting, I would consider doubling this dessert dip recipe…
- Traditionally the berries are served in a dessert bowl and the sauce is poured over them. Serving it like a dip keeps it casual and cool.
Frequently Asked Questions
Strawberries Romanoff is an elevated, more grown-up version of strawberries and cream. It is a no-bake dessert that’s perfect for easy entertaining.
Traditional Romanoff sauce is made from sour cream, brown sugar, and brandy.
It’s named after the restauranteur who created it in the mid-1900s, Michael Romanoff.
Our Experience with Voveti Prosecco
A nice bottle of prosecco, like this Voveti, takes this super simple fruit dessert and makes it an event.
Voveti prosecco embodies affordable luxury (my favorite kind!) and classic style which makes it perfect for entertaining your friends. Only 15,000 cases are produced annually which means they can really focus on the quality of this craft prosecco.
Prosecco is something that my friends don’t tend to buy for themselves so serving it at a casual get-together would be a nice surprise. It feels so elegant, but Voveti makes it approachable.
It is fragrant and lightly sparkling and is the perfect “anytime” wine. And it’s delicious!
My favorite kinds of recipes are the ones that are so easy and use basic ingredients, but blow minds. I know it seems crazy that a fruit dip could be so amazing. But it is! My kids went crazy for it.
You don’t need a reason to gather your friends and enjoy each other’s company. And you don’t need having them over to turn into a complicated ordeal. Whip up this simple Strawberries Romanoff Dip recipe, chill the Voveti Prosecco, and relax for a night of fun with your friends.
More delicious strawberry desserts
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream with Condensed Milk Recipe
- Easy Strawberry, Jello, and Angel Food Cake Dessert Recipe
- Quick and Easy Strawberry Shortcake Dump Cake Recipe
- Lip-Smacking Strawberry Pineapple Dump Cake is so easy!
- Strawberry Jello Cupcakes your kids will love.
Save and pin this recipe for later!
Save this recipe for later by pinning it or clicking the teal heart at the bottom right of the page. For more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!
Strawberries Romanoff Dip
- Mixing bowl
- In a mixing bowl, mix sour cream, vanilla and brown sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.
- The traditional way to serve this is with the sauce over the berries.
- But I’m serving it like a dip here.
- Serve with Prosecco.