I’m a huge fan of the Moscow Mule which is made with Vodka. But lately I’ve been on a total margarita kick and I’m finding that I really enjoy tequila. Not like I’m out doing shots or anything (Tammy, Lauren – please hide those photos). So I decided to try out a Mexican Mule. I quite like it and I think you will too.You will need a lime, Tequila (now I know there are different types of tequila but I don’t know enough about them to pin point a specific one to use. This is what we had in our cupboard) and ginger beer (Reed’s is my fave brand and is available at Sprouts and Trader Joe’s).The ginger beer adds such a nice “bite” to the drink. If you would like it sweeter you can certainly add in a little simple syrup or agave or something.But I like it like this, nice and refreshing.Drink up amigo! These drinks were made to go along with my menu for my Chicks and Salsa post. Don’t forget to check out my recipe for Chicken Enchilada casserole and Churro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip.
- Juice from 1 lime (approximately 1 - 2 ounces depending on your flavor preferences)
- 1½ - 2 ounces of Tequila
- Reed's Ginger Beer
- In a glass, squeeze the lime juice.
- Add ice.
- Add tequila and top with ginger beer and mix.
- Add a lime garnish of your liking.
- If you have fresh mint, you can also give a leaf a quick clap in your hand to release the oils and garnish with it as well or try cilantro to make it even more festive!