This Oatmeal Cake Mix Cookies recipe with chocolate chips is here to save the day! In just a few simple steps, you’ll have a batch of delicious, homemade oatmeal cookies that your friends and family will love. Perfectly flavored from the spice cake mix, this is a cookie recipe your mouth will love!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cake Mix Cookies should be on your dessert radar. Thanks to the spice cake mix and rich chocolate chips, these will satisfy any sweet tooth.
With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, these cake mix cookies are perfect for anyone to make whether you’re an avid baker or a lazy baker (me). Cake mix desserts are my fave!
Related: Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies with M&Ms
The taste of these cookies is out of this world! And the chocolate chips give them an extra pop of sweetness.
These are a combo of your favorite oatmeal cookies and spice cake in one flavorful dessert. They make a tasty after-dinner treat and are a great party food idea.
The spice cake mix provides the base flavor (and it’s so FLAVORFUL thanks to the cinnamon, etc!) while the oil and eggs help bind everything together.
Quick oats give these cookies a great texture while chocolate chips offer bursts of sweetness. I prefer to use semi-sweet chocolate chips but you can use milk chocolate or a combination if you’d like.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, oil, and eggs until a soft dough forms.
Add oats and chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto the baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack with a cookie spatula to cool completely before storing.
For chewier cookies, refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. This helps to keep them from spreading out and getting too thin. *But I usually skip this step because I’m too impatient…
This spice cake mix oatmeal cookie recipe can easily be doubled or halved depending on the number of cookies needed.
To make these cookies look decadent, add a few extra chocolate chips to the batter ball before baking! (I forgot to do that for this recipe).
Ways to Make the Recipe Your Own
- Swap out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, nuts, or raisins or do a mix of a few of these!
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of the cookies before baking for an extra burst of flavor.
- Or sprinkle on chunky sea salt for a slight crunch and burst of flavor. I do this on all of my cookies. It’s the perfect sweet/salty touch!
- Add in 1/4 cup shredded coconut or 1/4 cup chopped dried fruit for added texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure, you can use another flavor of cake mix to make these oatmeal cookies. If you don’t use spice, you will lose some of the spice flavors but the cookies will still be delicious!
You can ditch the oil with unsweetened applesauce, mashed bananas, or Greek yogurt for a healthier option.
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Yes! Cool the cookies completely, then store them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
These oatmeal cake mix cookies with chocolate chips are a simple and delicious dessert that anyone can make. With a few easy substitutions and variations, you can customize them exactly to your liking. Serve them as an after-dinner treat, as a fun snack or at any party.
Save and pin this recipe for later!
Save this recipe for later by pinning it or clicking the teal heart at the bottom right of the page. For more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!
Spice Cake Mix Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, oil, and eggs until a soft dough forms.
- Add oats and chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack with a cookie spatula to cool completely before storing.