This 3 ingredient Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies recipe makes a delectably light and fluffy cookie perfect for an easy dessert! With a box of cake mix and a few other simple ingredients, you'll love these delicious treats.
You'll love this cake mix cookie recipe
Angel Food Cake Cookies are literally one of the easiest cookie recipes you can make. These 3 ingredient cookies are light and delicate but not overly sweet. Plus, these delicious cookies are ready in just 30 minutes or less!
You don't need any special tools and even though these are made from scratch, they're so stinking easy. Angel Food Cake Desserts are some of my favorites.
This easy recipe is the perfect way to curb a sweet tooth. Serve them with a cup of hot coffee or tea as a perfect afternoon snack. Or with a glass of champagne for a party.
That’s it! Plain and simple.
You should be able to find angel food cake mix at your local grocery store. I typically see the Betty Crocker brand cake mix the most.
While some people say you can use chocolate cake mix, I prefer to make chocolate cake mix cookies a little bit differently. I classic angel food cake mix is my favorite flavor.
See the printable recipe card for quantities and full recipe.
How to Make Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies
To a large bowl or batter bowl, add the angel food cake mix, water, and egg.
Use a cookie scoop to drop spoonful portions of cake batter onto the baking sheet, spacing them 2-3 inches apart.
Bake the cookies for 8 minutes, remove them from the oven, and transfer the baking sheets to wire racks.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing the cookies using a cookie spatula.
You might also want to use a reliable oven thermometer to make sure that your baking temperature is accurate, especially when your oven is old and has not been recalibrated in a long while.
- Do not overmix the mixture. Mix it just until combined.
- Always use a prepared baking sheet. Use parchment paper, a silicone mat or non-stick cooking spray. The last thing you want to happen is for these goodies to stick on your baking sheet!
- Chocolate - Make it more fun and exciting by tossing in a handful of chocolate chips into the dough! You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter chips or even white chocolate chips. Do note that it's best to use mini chocolate chips because they're lighter.
- Decorate - Dress the cookies by adding sprinkles prior to baking. You can also drizzle colored icing after baking them. Put some stars, smiley faces, or your kids's names!
- Texture - For some crunch, you can toss in some toasted nuts or coconut.
- Weight Watchers-Friendly - You can make these angel food cookies into a Weight Watchers friendly recipe. There are many recipes that call for sugar free orange soda but I don't drink diet sodas. I think, on my WW plan at least, they would still be fairly low points with my recipe.
- More Flavor - Use almond extract, vanilla extract, or other extracts like mint or orange to add even more flavor.
- 2-Ingredients - You can substitute the water and egg with flavored soda. That cuts the ingredients to only two. Like my Soda Cake, it's a fun way to add more flavor and help use less ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
These cookies are best enjoyed on the day they are made!
To store, put them in an airtight container or zip lock bag then store them in the fridge. They will stay good for up to 5 days.
Angel food cake got its name from its texture—light, delicate, and cloud-like, that angels can eat it without getting too heavy to fly. If angel food cake is like cloud cake, these cookies are like crispy cloud cookies!
Certainly! You can make the cookie dough ahead, shape them into balls, and store them in the freezer. Then just thaw overnight in the fridge or at least an hour on the countertop prior to baking. You'll enjoy freshly baked angel cookies in no time!
Pin to save the cookie recipe for later
Make sure you don’t lose this Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!
More easy cookie recipes
- Mayonnaise Cookies
- Cherry Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
- Fruit Bruschetta Sugar Cookie
- Butterscotch Walnut Cookies
Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies
- Baking sheet
- parchment paper or silicon mat
- Mixing bowl
- cookie scoop or ice cream scoop
- cooling rack
- 1 box Angel Food cake mix
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cake mix, water, and egg to a large bowl and stir until a dough forms.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop spoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheet, spacing them 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes, remove from the oven, and transfer the baking sheet to a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing the cookies using a cookie spatula.
- Water and egg can be replaced with any flavored soda.
- You can add in other ingredients to make it more fun like chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and nuts.