Don't get stuck drinking wine when there are so many other delicious options out there! These easy mixed drinks are simple to make at home but have some unique flavors that will elevate your happy hour!
Whether you want to have a dinner party, or just chill with your besties on the weekend and watch Netflix. You'll need tasty cocktail recipes! Browse the list below and find something to shake up at home.
Why These Recipes Work
Some of the mixed drink recipes on this list are classic, while others are super inventive and use fresh fruit and herbs.
The most elaborate piece of equipment you need is a blender and you probably have most of this liquor on your bar cart already.
I strive to keep my home bar small and always look for liquor and modifiers that can be used in a variety of cocktail recipes. This list is great because although it does include some interesting ingredients, most don't require buying any specialty items for your bar.
These easy drink recipes are perfect for any skill level and don't require any special techniques or tools.
Whether you're looking for a cocktail recipe to serve for a party or just to enjoy on a Friday night, you'll find something tasty on this list!
(Shop the things I use over and over on my home bar via my Amazon storefront!)
Tips for Making Mixed Drinks
Making mixed drinks at home can seem overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be! Follow these tips for making delicious drinks every time.
- When making easy mixed drinks for others, always do a quick taste test before serving. Use a small spoon or pour a little into a seperate glass to make sure that everything tastes balanced.
- Measure everything. I am a terrible estimator and if you are making drinks for a crowd, you need to make sure that you are keeping the amounts accurate for the best drinking results.
- Use fresh ingredients wherever you can. If a recipe calls for orange juice, squeeze your own if at all possible. Save the bottled ingredients for when you are in a severe time-crunch.
- Use good quality alcohol. While you don't need to break the bank, especially because there are other flavors to mask the subtle flavors of the alcohol, you do want to skip the cheap stuff and buy something you would at least be able to tolerate on its own.
- A pre-chilled glass will enhace your cocktail experience. It will help to keep the temperature down without diluting the drink.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cocktails are mixed in a few ways and depend on the type of drink you are making. When made in a cocktail shaker, the drink is shaken to combine everything. When served in an old-fashioned, low ball or highball glass, a drink can be mixed with a spoon.
Yes. If you are looking to create your own unique cocktails at home, the basic ratio is 2 parts liquor to 1 part sour (think fresh citrus juice) and 1 part sweetener (like simple syrup or agave). From there you can play around with flavors and figure out how to find a flavor balance.
A typical cocktail recipe will usually have between 1 - 2 ounces of liquor. Often, that is diluted by other drink components. With classic drinks like a gimlet, it is pretty much all alcohol. If you don't love the flavor of liquor start with 1 ounce and add a bit more, tasting as you go, to see if you can find your sweet spot.
Related Cocktail Recipes
- This Classic Margarita Recipe is quick and easy, and in my opinion, the BEST margarita you can drink.
- A Dark and Stormy is an old-fashioned cocktail with just two ingredients: ginger beer and spiced rum!
- This list has 40 2-ingredient cocktails that are super easy to make at home. These are perfect when you have no time and want to exert very little effort.
Easy mixed drinks are great to make for entertaining at home. This delicious list will help you choose what cocktail to make next!