This easy Truffle Burrata Dip recipe really gets the party started! This flavorful and easy-to-make appetizer has creamy burrata cheese (with truffles), garlic, fresh chives and cracked black pepper blended together to make your tastebuds dance. Serve it up on crunchy crostini or vegetables for the perfect snack that your guests will love.
A Delicious Burrata Recipe
This cold burrata dip is about as easy to make as it can get. If you can smash garlic and hit a button on your food processor, you can make this dip!
Related post: More Burrata Recipe Ideas
When I'm having friends over for a night in, I want recipes I can make ahead and with this dip you can do just that. Keep the ingredients on hand because you'll want to go back to this deliciously savory dip again and again.
I love easy entertaining and this recipe is a great dish to have ready to go for the moment that your guests walk through the door.
Truffle burrata has such a unique flavor and creamy texture that you have to try it in this dip.
Sometimes I can only find the burrata flavored with truffle. But if you can't find that, use regular burrata. The dip will still be amazing! Add a drizzle of truffle oil to the top, or don't. Totally up to you.
Fresh ingredients are what you'll want for this recipe. There's just no substituting the flavors of fresh chives and garlic for powdered or dried. They add a bright freshness to this creamy dip that can't be beat.
Fresh cracked pepper is also chef's kiss here. And a little goes a long way so be sure to taste as you go.
See the printable recipe card for quantities and full recipe.
Step 1: Prep the burrata
Drain the burrata.
It's sold in a small container with a watery liquid that you can just drain off. Or, if you are worried that the dip will get too thick, you can save some of the liquid to add as needed.
Step 2: Add ingredients to food processor
To a small food processor add the burrata and heavy cream.
Smash the garlic cloves and toss them into the food processor.
Add salt, pepper, and chives to your food processor and blend.
Step 3: Taste and adjust
Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
If it's still a little thick you can add a small amount of heavy cream (or reserved burrata water) until you reach a consistency you love.
This dip is great when served with sliced baguette (toasted or not!), other crackers and fresh vegetables like string beans, carrots, cucumbers, red bell peppers and more!
- Spicy - add a few chili pepper flakes for some heat (as always taste as you go!)
- Change it up - use it on a pizza (it would be delicious in place of my goat cheese spread on a Brussels Sprouts pizza) or melted into pasta.
I love keeping things simple, and this recipe doesn't need much to make it perfect. Here are a few basics that I used in this recipe:
- Mini food processor
- Measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- I love to serve this dip at room temperature. It's so great for a party because it's not fussy an you won't have to worry about what temperature you serve it at.
- You can make this party dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve. You can add a little heavy cream to bring it back to the right consistency.
- Top it with a little fresh cracked pepper and fresh chives before serving. So delicious!
Frequently Asked Questions
Burrata is a cheese similar to mozzarella that's also made with cream. It's known for its creamy center, which is made by filling a pouch of mozzarella with cream and bits of leftover curd, resulting in a unique texture and makes serving a little more dramatic.
I love serving this cold burrata dip with fresh vegetables, bread, or crackers. Crostini pairs well with it.
This truffle burrata dip comes together quickly so it's a great last-minute entertaining idea. Just remember to use fresh ingredients and once you've mastered this recipe, play around with different flavor profiles. Enjoy!
Save and pin this recipe for later!
Save this recipe for later by pinning it or clicking the teal heart at the bottom right of the page. For more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!
More easy dip recipes
- Easiest Ever Hot Bacon Cheese Dip Recipe
- Easy Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip Recipe with Dried Beef
- Easy Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
- Best Ever Cold Bacon Dip with Cream Cheese and Sage
- Easy Burrata Appetizer with Garlicky Cherry Tomatoes
- Green Goddess Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Spinach Dip without Cream Cheese
How to make an Easy Burrata Cheese Dip
- Drain the burrata and place it in your food processor.
- Smash the garlic and add to the burrata.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, freshly cracked pepper and chives.
- Blend well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Enjoy!