This easy Grapefruit Mocktail Recipe with Avec mixer is a simple, refreshing non alcoholic drink made with just a few ingredients! Using Avec's delicious grapefruit and pomelo soda alongside a dash of bitters and some fresh lime you get a foolproof sparkling grapefruit mocktail in moments!
Crisp and fruity this Grapefruit Mocktail made with Avec mixer is my new favorite non-alcoholic drink. It is the perfect, elevated soda drink for any occasion.
This delicious, refreshing grapefruit and thyme mocktail is the drink idea to make when it’s not quite time for a cocktail, you need something refreshing to sip by a pool. Or just because!
The easiest Mocktail Recipe ever
Even though it looks super impressive you won't believe how easy this Grapefruit Mocktail recipe is to make.
All you need is a can of Avec non alcoholic mixer, some fresh lime and cucumber and a few garnishes. And a dash of cocktail bitters to take this soda to the next level.
Related: Basil Cucumber Soda Recipe
As the weather warms up, I like to make refreshing mixed drinks. But something like this sparkling grapefruit mocktail is perfect for when I fancy something a little bit extra without the headache afterward!
I think the bitter flavors of the grapefruit and pomelo in the Avec mixer work really well with a dash of bitters and some fresh flavors from lime and cucumber.
You're just going to love this Grapefruit Mocktail!
Here's what you need to make this delicious mocktail recipe:
- Lime Juice, you can use Rose's Lime if it is all you have but I think fresh works best here
- Avec Grapefruit and Pomelo Mixer
- Bitters, I used Angostura here but use whatever you have and usually works well in citrus drinks
- Fresh Thyme and Cucumber Slices, for the garnish
If you can't find this flavor of Avec, you can substitute with grapefruit soda.
See the printable recipe card for quantities and full recipe.
What is Avec?
Avec makes premium mixers that are low or no sugar and made with natural ingredients. They are made to mix with liquor but make a great base for a quick elevated mocktail.
I found mine at my local Ralph’s grocery store but you can also purchase them online or on Amazon. No, this is not a sponsored post, I just really want to share this cool brand I've found for your home bar.
They have several flavors which I think would make all kinds of delicious drinks. I think the Ginger would make a great Moscow Mule in place of ginger beer. I can't wait to experiment with the Yuzu and Lime (probably with vodka). My hubby and I added tequila to the Jalapeño and Blood Orange and it was SO GOOD!
Plus they have a Hibiscus Pomegranate and Spiced Mango and Passionfruit that sound crazy tasty!
I love that depending on which flavor you get they contain only 0g-5g of sugar a can.
Add the thyme leaves, lime juice and cucumber slices to a cocktail glass.
I also added a few lime pieces so that it would feel a little bit like a mojito. But you can leave that out if you prefer.
Muddle gently to release the flavors without bashing up the cucumber too much.
Add ice and top with Avec.
Add bitters. Gently stir.
Garnish with the remaining fresh thyme sprigs, and serve!
- Use a different mixer - Avec non-alcoholic mixer comes in a few flavors, but if you don't have it or can't find it, you can use regular sparkling water instead. Maybe add in a splash of fruit juice to add sweetness. Grapefruit soda would b the best substitute.
- Pitcher mocktail - mixing drinks for a crowd? Simply scale everything up and serve in a pitcher, being extra careful when you stir the drink so the bubbles in the Avec don't foam up and cause the drink to overflow! For an adult gathering you can sit a bottle of tequila on the side for people to add to their drink if they want.
- Make it sweeter - add simple syrup if you like a sweeter drink.
Sip one of these easy Grapefruit Mocktails all summer long!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can totally add your favorite alcohol to make a boozy drink. I think a splash vodka, tequila blanco (to make a simple Paloma) or gin would work well. Avec is designed to be mixed with spirits so you don't have to only use them to make mocktails.
If you can't find Avec any good quality grapefruit soda will work in this recipe.
Fresh rosemary or basil would also be delicious with the grapefruit in the Avec.
A few more easy recipes you might enjoy
- Booze-Free Gin and Tonic Recipe
- Non-Alcoholic Moscow Mule with Ginger Beer
- Non-Alcoholic Pina Colada Slush Punch Recipe
- Refreshing Blueberry Lemonade Recipe
- 21 Easy Mocktail Recipes to Try
- Bitters and Soda Recipe
- Strawberry Mocktail
Save and pin this recipe for later!
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!
Grapefruit Mocktail Recipe with Avec
- Muddle the leaves from 1 thyme sprig with lime juice and cucumber slices, in a cocktail glass. Be careful not to break up the cucumber too much.
- Add ice.
- Top with Avec.
- Add a few dashes of bitters.
- Stir gently and garnish with the remaining thyme before serving.