If you’re looking for a fun holiday-inspired cocktail idea to serve at parties this season you need to make this frozen Cranberry Vodka Slush! These Christmas cranberry cocktails are perfect for making ahead, ready to serve to guests at your next holiday party!
This Vodka Slush with Cranberry would make a great signature cocktail. You could easily serve them up as you need them. Just keep the slush in the freezer and top with soda as needed!
With seasonal spices and bright cranberry flavor, your friends and family will love this tasty frozen cocktail!
Give yourself a few days to make this easy vodka recipe (there’s some heating, cooling, freezing, etc.) but once it’s prepped, these cocktails are a breeze to serve.
Gather up the ingredients and make these this year for all your Christmas parties!
Why This Recipe Works
I know a frozen Cranberry Vodka Slush is probably not the first cocktail you think about when you think of cold weather gatherings.
But it should be.
The color is so fun and festive and you’re totally going to love the flavor!
The Spiced Cranberry Juice that you make as the base can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 weeks so you can really make it ahead of time! It’s full of seasonal flavors that feel festive.
There are a few steps to making this cocktail so be sure to give yourself plenty of time.
Like, a few days. You can probably make it a bit quicker than that, but you would need to be way more hands-on and you really just can’t rush the freezing process.
This would be so yummy for a fun girls’ night in party (like a cookie exchange) or even on Christmas day!
This frozen vodka slush for Christmas is probably going to end up a part of your holiday traditions. That gorgeous color would pretty up any party!
Start with my Spiced Cranberry Juice. If you aren’t ready to click over and check out the cranberry juice post just know you will need 64 oz. of cranberry juice, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and fresh ginger. And cheesecloth.
I used Tito’s Vodka in my cranberry slush, but you can use whatever you have on hand. You can also try this by leaving the vodka out and freezing the spiced cranberry and citrus juices in ice cube trays.
Top with Lemon Lime Soda. If you aren’t a fan of lemon-lime soda, this would also be super tasty with ginger ale, ginger beer, and maybe even champagne! Get creative!
Make the Spiced Cranberry Juice per the directions in this post. (It would be best to make it the day before you need it at least as it needs to freeze 4 hours but is better overnight!)
Pour into double Ziplock bags or another freezer-safe container.
Freeze overnight or at least 4 hours.
Let thaw for 10 minutes before serving (depending on how slushy you want it). It will start to soften pretty quickly. And when you add vodka, it will begin melting even more.
Place about ½ cup of frozen vodka slush into a glass.
Top with lemon-lime soda.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Tips and Tricks
- Make the Spiced Cranberry Juice ahead of time. It can be stored in the fridge for up to three weeks.
- To get a good slushie effect, you’ll need to freeze the cranberry vodka mixture overnight.
- You can use infused vodka if you’d like. You can even make your own. A citrus or orange flavor would be excellent with the cranberry juice.
- Don’t want to make this with vodka? No problem! Just leave it out and you’ve created a mocktail your kids will love.
Frequently Asked Questions
Vodka doesn’t freeze. The Kitchn says that the vodka in your recipe should be 20% or less to get the perfect slush texture.
I love Tito’s. It’s reasonably priced, reputable and a very popular bottle.
A few more easy recipes you might also enjoy!
- Best Cranberry Moscow Mule
- Spiced Cranberry Ginger and Bourbon Cocktail
- Pineapple Orange Champagne Punch
- Spiced Pear Bellini Fall Cocktail
- Dairy Free Bourbon Milk Punch
- Christmas Cosmo Recipe
Save this and Pin it for later!
If you want to save this recipe make sure you Pin it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. If you make this recipe make sure to tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Cranberry Vodka Slush
- Ziploc bags
- Make the Spiced Cranberry Juice per the directions in this post. (It would be best to make the day before you need the juice.)
- In a large pitcher, add cranberry juice, vodka, orange and lime juice.
- Mix well.
- Pour into doubled up Ziplock bags or another freezer-safe container.
- Freeze overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Let thaw for 10 minutes before serving (depends on how slushy you want it).
- Place about ½ cup of frozen vodka slush into a glass.
- Top with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.