You're going to love this refreshing Sparkling Rosé Cocktail with Spiced Rum recipe - it has serious tropical drink vibes! Transport yourself to a vacation state of mind with this pineapple, citrus, wine cocktail that takes just moments to mix.
This tropical-themed sparkling rosé cocktail with spiced rum is a recipe you can just imagine being served at a beach bar next to clear blue water and plenty of palm trees.
Why this recipe works
I know it seems like there is a lot going on in this mixed drink with spiced rum - the rum, sparkling rose wine, and three different types of juice - but I promise that it is super simple to mix.
It's also your new favorite spiced rum cocktail!
Related: 21 Tropical Cocktails
This cocktail with spiced rum is seriously delicious. The sparkling rose is a special touch, an easy ingredient that adds a touch of sweetness and fizz making this cocktail absolutely next level.
Spiced Rum cocktails are not only great for summer months (so you can pretend you're on a tropical island instead of at home) but also good for the transitional months as we head into fall.
The warm spices in the rum (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.) help you move right into those comforting flavors we love in autumn.
Here is what you need to make this Sparkling Rose Cocktail with Spiced Rum:
I think Sailor Jerry is a classic spiced rum for making mixed drinks, but if you have a different favorite use that instead. Truthfully, you could use light or dark rum too, but I really love the flavor of spiced rum.
The sweetness from the rosé wine makes this drink sweet enough so you shouldn't need to use any simple syrup.
If you are just making a couple of drinks you can use sparkling wine in a can but feel free to open a bottle if you're making cocktails for a crowd.
And if you only have still rosé, you can use that in place of sparkling. But I do encourage you to try it with sparkling at some point and make your own decision.
Pineapple juice is one of my favorite mixers so I usually have the small cans on hand. Don't use fresh in this as you can never tell how sweet or tart it is going to be.
I do think you need to use fresh grapefruit and lime juice though. It helps to keep a balanced flavor. If you had to use store-bought grapefruit, you can. But fresh lime is a MUST!
See the printable recipe card for quantities and full recipe.
Add the spiced rum to a cocktail shaker of ice.
Add the pineapple, grapefruit and lime juices.
Add ice and shake well. Strain into a glass of fresh ice.
Top up with sparkling rose and stir gently with a cocktail spoon.
This spiced rum cocktail for summer is full of flavor and is perfectly fine to serve as the weather cools down. I drink this one all year long!
- Use orange juice - Was the store sold of of pineapple juice, or you just don't like it? Use fresh orange juice instead!
- Switch to champagne - I like the sweetness of the pink wine but for a slightly less sweet cocktail use champagne, Cava, Prosecco or any other sparkling wine instead.
- Use coconut rum - I like the depth spiced rum adds here, but for a lighter drink with more tropical feels sub in coconut rum instead. A dash of cocktail bitters will help add back in some of that complexity and spice notes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes - you can make the shaken rum and juice mixture a couple of hours ahead. Just strain it into a pitcher and keep it in the fridge ready to pour over fresh ice and top with the sparkling wine.
Sure - you can either reduce the amount of rum a little, or sub half the rose with sparkling soda water.
More easy cocktail recipes
- Grapefruit Spritzer Recipe with White Wine
- Passion Fruit Sangria Recipe with Orange Juice and Spiced Rum
- Best Simple Vodka Fruit Punch Recipe
- Prickly Pear Cactus Cocktail Recipe with Tequila
- Best Strawberry Tequila Fizz Recipe with Ginger Beer
- Easy Tequila Martini Recipe
- Classic Mojito Recipe
Save and Pin this recipe for later!
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!
A Tropical Sparkling Rosé Cocktail Recipe with Spiced Rum
- Add the rum, pineapple, grapefruit and lime juices to a cocktail shaker with lots of ice.
- Shake well and strain into a glass with fresh ice.
- Top up with the sparkling wine and stir gently with a cocktail spoon.