- 2 oz. Familia Camarena Reposado Tequila
- 1/2 cup strawberry simple syrup (*see recipe below)
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped roughly
- Sliced strawberries
- *Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Combine 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water and 5 sliced strawberries in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool the syrup, then strain the liquid through a sieve, pressing the strawberries to extract all liquid.
- Place the basil in the bottom of a cocktail shaker, pour in the tequila.
- Use the back of a spoon (or muddler - or end of a metal ice cream scooper like I used) to mash the basil leaves into the tequila.
- Fill the shaker with ice and add strawberry simple syrup, lime juice and agave nectar.
- Fill with ice, shake and strain into a high ball glass over ice.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries on the rim and ribbons of basil mixed in the drink.