This tasty White Russian Mule gets a jolt of coffee flavor from Kahlua. It’s refreshing, creamy and can be made in just minutes!
Why This Recipe Works
This recipe is super simple to make and needs just 4 ingredients.
While I don’t like to buy specialty alcohol if I can help it, Kahlua gets a lot of use! From other types of White Russians (White Russian with cold brew or a White Russian with Coconut Rum) to using it in recipes and baked goods (use it in place of Bailey’s in these White Russian Cupcakes!), I promise it won’t just sit on your bar and get dusty.
If you love vodka recipes, this one is quick and easy. And you can serve it any time of year!
I love the coffee flavor that the liqueur provides and the heavy cream takes the texture to a whole new level! The ginger beer adds a unique tang that pairs really well with the other flavors.
A Kahlua Cream cocktail isn’t for everyone but if you like cocktails that aren’t on the sweet side, you may really enjoy this one!
If you aren’t a fan of the idea of ginger beer mixing with your coffee, try a Black Russian!
See recipe card for quantities.
This easy Kahlua Mule can be made right in your copper mug.
- Add ice to the mug.
- Top with the Kahlua, ginger beer and vodka.
- 3. Add the cream, then it’s up to you whether you want to stir it in or float it on top.
Hint: Need a little more sweetness? Add some simple syrup! Better yet, add some chocolate syrup! It will make it taste like a delicious mocha!
Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon or cocoa powder on top for a fun garnish that will enhance your sipping experience.
Like flavored creamers? You can try those in place of the heavy cream.
Flavored vodka would give you even more layers of flavor. Try vanilla, whipped cream or chocolate for a decadent treat.
Want to make this more like dessert? Turn it into a float by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!
You can use Bailey’s if you don’t have Kahlua which will give it a little bit more of a chocolate taste. Or use another coffee liqueur.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you can use whatever glass you’d like. A copper mug, though, is designed to keep your Mule cocktail cold as you sip. I prefer mine in a mug, but don’t run out and buy one. Unless you want to. (I have TONS of Mule recipes on the site to browse. It can definitely be put to good use!)
You can use whatever vodka you have on hand. Check out my post on the best vodka to use for a Moscow Mule here to see which brands I love.
It’s slightly bitter from the Kahlua coffee liqueur. The cream helps to smooth out the vodka and coffee flavor.
A White Russian Mule with Kahlua is a tasty vodka drink that you’ll love! If you’re a coffee cocktail fan, give it a try!
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!
- Try this large batch White Russian recipe if you need to serve a crowd.
- If you like Kahlua and coconut rum, you need to try this White Russian with Rum.
- A cold brew White Russian is excellent on a warm day.
- The difference between a Black Russian and White Russian is one has cream the other doesn’t! But they are both delicious!
- Do not miss these easy White Russian Cupcakes! They start with boxed cake mix and are inspired by this cocktail!
White Russian Mule
- Add ice to the copper mug.
- Top with Kahlua, ginger beer and vodka.
- Add the cream, then it's up to you whether you want to stir it in or float it on top.