You guys! I didn’t even know I wanted a Chardonnay Cocktail with Pear! SO good! It has pear nectar, fresh thyme and lime juice. Sounds refreshing, right? And chardonnay? This pear and wine cocktail is perfect anytime and is budget-friendly!
When that recipe showed up in my inbox I just wasn’t sure. It had flavors that I love. It has wine which I love (although I am not the biggest Chardonnay fan). But together? I had to try it. Wine cocktails are my favorite and this one was super tasty.
The Best Wine for A Wine Cocktail
I typically reach for Sauvignon Blanc when I’m drinking wine, but mixing up a wine cocktail means that I can play around with other flavors. I don’t typically love the oak of Chardonnay but mixed with pear nectar and fresh lime, it becomes much more subtle.
Garnish Cocktails with Fresh Herbs
Fresh thyme. Could this be my herb for summer? Last year was all about the basil, but thyme! SO good!
How to Make Pear and Wine Cocktail
Let me share with you my favorite way to make a cocktail that tastes like fresh pears. It’s perfect for parties or even a party of one.
The ingredients are simple. You just need:
Now that you know all the ingredients, here’s how to mix up your own drinks.
Yup! You add everything to the shaker together. Except for the thyme. That’s a garnish that you save for the end.
Add some ice. If you want, you can give the thyme a quick muddle to release a bit more of the flavor.
Don’t you just love the color? It’s super refreshing. And the flavor of this particular chardonnay worked really well with the pear. The Once Upon a Vine chardonnay isn’t overly oaky and has subtle honey flavor. It was super yummy on its own but also makes for a perfect wine to use in a wine cocktail.
Wine is the only alcohol used in this recipe so it is a really light cocktail. This would be a perfect one for a bridal shower or larger party where you are trying to keep your beverage budget in check.
Pear and Wine Cocktail
Wine cocktails are my favorite! This yummy pear version is a delicious drink idea.
- 4 oz. Once Upon a Vine Fairest Chardonnay
- 2 oz. pear nectar
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup or agave syrup
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker and strain in to a chilled glass.
- Optional, give the thyme a quick, gentle muddle prior to adding ice to the shaker and shaking.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh lime and a sprig of thyme.
- Be sure to clap the thyme sprig between your hands to release more fragrance.
More Spring Cocktail Ideas
Need more spring cocktail ideas:
- Blood Orange Sorbet Gin Float (One of my most pinned cocktails!)
- Grapefruit Hibiscus Vodka Soda Cocktail
- Strawberry Mint Moscow Mule
- Best Champagne Punch Recipe
- Lavender Lemonade