A simple Cranberry Juice and Tequila cocktail recipe is mixed in just moments using two basic ingredients. It's sweet, refreshing and simply perfect for so many different occasions. If you love tequila you're going to LOVE this cocktail! You don't need tons of ingredients to make something delicious!
A 2-ingredient cocktail you'll love
You're going to love this Cranberry Juice and Tequila recipe, especially on those days when you're looking for a super quick and easy drink idea that's delicious.
This tequila twist on a Cape Cod (which is made with vodka) is the perfect sweet 2-ingredient cocktail for tequila lovers!
I love a good tequila cocktail, and cranberry juice is just an obvious pairing. It is sweet, fruity, and not so overpowering you won't also be able to enjoy the tequila.
Related: Vodka and Cranberry
And, for sure, you should go the extra mile and squeeze a little bit of lime into the drink. It really helps to cut the sweetness of the juice and make it deliciously balanced. You might even try salting the rim of your glass since we know that's great with margaritas.
This low-effort cocktail is another way to use tequila that you may not have thought of. And while you can make this drink any time of year, cranberry just screams "holiday" to me! If you need a festive but stupid easy cocktail idea, this is it!
Here's what you need to make a Tequila and Cranberry Juice Cocktail:
Cranberry Juice - I used 100% Juice Cranberry Juice but you can use cranberry juice cocktail if you prefer your cocktails a little bit sweeter.
Use fresh lime juice if at all possible as it has the best bright flavor. Technically this is just a garnish but I think you absolutely should squeeze it into the drink.
See the printable recipe card for quantities and full recipe.
Measure the tequila into the cocktail shaker.
Then add the cranberry juice.
Add ice and shake well.
Strain over fresh ice and add your choice of garnish (I've included some ideas below!).
Garnish with lime or at the very least squeeze a little lime into the cocktail before garnishing with something else.
- Make it spiced - If you're planning on serving this drink around the holidays, make it festive by using my spiced cranberry juice recipe.
- Make it with mezcal - sub in your favorite mezcal for the tequila if you fancy a slightly more complex drink!
- Add a salt rim - this is how I add flavored rims to my cocktail glasses.
Frequently Asked Questions
For the holidays, I like to add a rosemary sprig, and perhaps a few fresh cranberries either floating in the glass or speared with a cocktail stick. Otherwise fresh lime is always delicious (squeeze a little into the drink for added complexity!) and a salt rim is always a good idea on tequila-based cocktails.
Sure! Top it up with a little soda water to water down the cranberry juice, and also add a pleasant bit of fizz! Also, make sure you buy the 100% cranberry juice and not the juice cocktail which has sugar or corn syrup added.
More Easy Cranberry Recipes
- Cranberry Juice Slushy Recipe with Vodka
- Spiced Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail Recipe for Christmas or Thanksgiving
- Simple Vodka and Cranberry Cocktail Recipe
- Spiced Cranberry Juice Recipe for the Holidays
- Cake Mix Cranberry Christmas Cake
- Cranberry Old Fashioned
- Cranberry Brie Bites
Save and Pin this recipe for later!
Make sure you don’t lose this recipe by saving it for later! Also, for more recipes make sure you’re following me on Pinterest, Instagram and like my page on Facebook. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and tag me in your pictures!
Refreshing Cranberry and Tequila Cocktail
- 1.5-2 oz tequila depending on desired strength
- 3-4 oz cranberry juice (100% Juice, not cranberry cocktail) depending on desired sweetness
- Add both the ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake well.
- Strain into a glass with fresh ice.
- Garnish with fresh lime, squeezing a little into the glass for extra flavor!