Did you love the VH1 show, Hindsight, as much as I did?? Ugh. It was so good. So of course they cancelled it after one season. Boo. But I did put this 90’s music playlist inspired by the show. So at least your ears can get their fill of 90’s greatness.
I was OBSESSED with Hindsight on VH1. Did you watch it?
So the show starts, present day, the night before what would be the cute blond’s second wedding. She’s doubting the wedding. Then something happens and she wakes up in the year 1995. But this time, it is the night before her first wedding. The one that she knows isn’t going to work out. So does she change how she lived her life to make her outcome different, better? Will that, in turn, mean that other people’s lives are changed for the worse?
The story line is unique, the cast is awesome. But we need to talk about the soundtrack. Because it is amazing! And the funny little 90’s jokes are pretty great too. And I adore the way that Becca (cute blond) tries to explain to her friend, Lolly (cute redhead) about all these modern advances and movies, etc. You HAVE to watch it. And it got me thinking about all my fave 90’s songs so I made a playlist. Ok, this isn’t ALL my favorite 90’s songs (when I started to add in R&B my list went out of control. I’ll save that for another post).
Now here is a little bit about my 90’s:
1. I graduated high school in 1995 the year this show takes place.
2. I got my first cell phone in 1995 because I was working at a video store (ha!) as my first job and my parent’s didn’t want me to drive home late at night without one. I ended up transferring to a music store.
3. I grew up in Anaheim, home of No Doubt and they played at my grad night at Disneyland. Tragic Kingdom had just come out and it was the most amazing show to see them play that album there!
4. No Doubt’s ‘I’m Just a Girl’ was my anthem because see number 2 and 3 above.
5. My first concert in Los Angeles, without my parents, was Smashing Pumpkins at the Palladium. I stupidly wore my Birkenstocks. Everyone else had on Dr. Martens.
6. We got our first cd player for my sister’s high school graduation party (she graduated in 1994). The first two cds I bought were Throwing Muses and The Breeders.
90’s Music Playlist
Throwing Muses: Bright Yellow Gun
Mathew Sweet: Sick of Myself
Nirvana: On a Plain
Seven Mary Three: Cumbersome
The Presidents of the United States: Lump
Letters to Cleo: Here and Now
PJ Harvey: Down by the Water
Filter: Hey Man Nice Shot
Bush: Everything Zen
Alice in Chains: Would?
Screaming Trees: Nearly Lost You
Everclear: Heroin Girl
Spacehog: In the Meantime
The La’s: There She Goes
Soul Asylum: Somebody to Shove
Better Than Ezra: Good
Tom Petty: You Don’t Know How it Feels
No Doubt: Just a Girl
Blue Traveler: Hook
Save Ferris: Nobody but Me
Goldfinger: Here in Your Bedroom
+ even more songs, but I’ll let that be a little surprise for you.
Unfortunately, they cancelled Hindsight after the first season (you can still find a lot of the episodes if you search around on YouTube). But this playlist lives on!
Looking for more music? Check out these other playlists: