This post has been sponsored by Neutrogena®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Colder weather means cozy sweaters and pumpkin lattes. But it also means that your current skin care is probably not the most effective. Now is the perfect time to take a look at your everyday routine and prepare for the changes you'll need to make to put your best face forward during this transitional season.
Here are easy ways to update your skin care routine for winter. Thank goodness for Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Products! They make caring for your skin super easy.
I'm a total summer girl. I love warm weather and I much prefer a tropical vacation over somewhere you need a jacket. I also love the ease of fresh summer skin care where I tend to look for double-duty products to hydrate and protect plus rely on cleanser to ensure all the sunscreen and sweat gets washed away.
In winter, though, I know I need a little bit more help. I have oily skin, but as the temperatures drop, my skin becomes drier as well. With heated air systems and going in and out of the elements, my skin can sometimes freak out. Updating my winter skin care routine is a must!
Get at $10 rewards Visa when you spend $30 or more (excluding tax) on participating Neutrogena® products in one transaction between 11/01/2019 – 11/30/2019. Visit Active Rewards for full offer details. (Read through to find out even more details).
I've been using Neturogena® products since I was a little girl. They've always had products that help my skin no matter what time of year or how my skin needs change.
The Neutrogena® Hydro Boost products are perfect for my updated skin care routine for cold weather.
Easy Updates to Your Skin Care Routine for Winter
- Bring Back Life – Winter skin can look dull and lifeless. Using an exfoliator, like Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Exfoliating Facial Cleanser, a few times a week can help slough off the dead cells and let skin look a little more glowy. I keep one bottle in the shower and one by my sink to make sure I never forget. I love that Neutrogena® products are affordable and effective plus they're Dermatologist-recommended.
- Be Quick – Too much contact with water can actually dry out your skin. Make sure that your shower time (and baths too) are short and sweet. Being in the water for a long period of time can actually dry out your skin's natural moisturizing properties. this coupled with dry weather can make your skin extra sensitive. I love that the Exfoliating Cleanser, I mentioned above, removes dirt, oil and dry surface skin but does it gently with naturally derived skin smoothers.
- Stay Hydrated – For real, if you could only make one of these changes, hydrating your skin should be it! Hydration is the key for the best-looking skin. Hydrated skin can also help improve the appearance of fine lines and keep your oily skin from producing more oil when your skin is feeling dry. A good moisturizer or mask can help parched skin and should be a regular part of your winter beauty routine. Neutrogena® has several products that are infused with skin-quenching hyaluronic acid which works to help skin feel hydrated.
- Layer Up – Just like with your clothes, it's important to layer your products during winter to create several barriers of skin protection. The Hydro Boost products work together to help you achieve maximum hydration for your skin. Because most of them have hyaluronic acid, it helps to provide moisture at every layer. Don't forget the skin on your neck, chest and hands! They need the same love that you are showing to your face!
- Give it Time – I learned from an aesthetician friend that any time you change up your skin care routine, you need to give it a few weeks for your skin to get used to it. Sometimes I break out when I use a new product but after a few days, I can tell that my skin adjusts. Adding new layers at products might initially make your skin break out, but give it a few weeks to see if everything balances out.
- Spot Treat as Needed – I still get hormonal breakouts but in winter I make sure that I am treating only the area that needs attention. Instead of using an acne focused product on my entire face (which I am trying really hard to keep hydrated!) I just make sure I spot treat where I need it.
- Maintain Overall Skin Health – Wearing a daily sunscreen is a must, even during fall and winter. I love the Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel with SPF 15. I LOVE how this daily moisturizer with SPF feels when I'm putting it on my skin. It doesn't feel heavy or leave a thick layer on my face making it perfect for layering. It's super hydrating but also provides protection from the sun.
Neutrogena® products are non-pore clogging which makes me feel comfortable trying out new products as I add them to my routine.
With my skin looking it's best, thanks to the Hydro Boost collection, I feel confident and ready for anything. Neutrogena® also makes makeup products. The Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Shine (this color is Ballet Pink) gives my lips great color and feels a lot like a lip balm.
It's not sticky at all and is the perfect way to finish off my makeup.
Click here to learn more about the rewards offer. Enter your information and provide an image of your receipt. Submissions are reviewed within 2-5 days. After validation, you will receive an email with a link to choose your reward. Rewards must be activated by 12/31/2019.
More Style Posts
Pin These 7 Changes to Make Your Winter Skin Care Routine
Changing up your skin care routine for winter isn't as hard as you may think! These simple adjustments will help you figure out what products your skin needs so you can take on the world with happy, healthy skin!