Maybe they're semi-homemade, but these BBQ Pineapple Burgers are crazy delicious and so easy to make! The sweet barbecue sauce and the tart pineapple add tons of flavor. They're a great twist on a classic burger that your whole family will love!
This is a sponsored post for a tasty BBQ Pineapple Burger recipe was written by me on behalf of BUBBA Burger for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
A tasty twist on the classic burger
We hardly eat burgers at home. I'm not a fan of homemade patties (too much work, not great flavor). But my kids ask for them. These BBQ burgers are a tasty alternative to a traditional cheeseburger that the whole family will love!
This BBQ Pineapple Burger, with a BUBBA Burger patty, is SO TASTY! Plus, you're going to love how easy these patties are to prepare!
Related: Hot Salami and Provolone Sandwiches
I didn't want to make a run-of-the-mill, boring burger for dinner so I decided to try out my favorite flavor combo and make a BBQ Pineapple Burger.
I can't quit this combo. I make BBQ Chicken Tacos, of course, it works well on pizza and as toppings for hot dogs. My son was a little skeptical of the pineapple at first.
But I won him over.
Although there are several flavor options for Bubba Burgers, I grabbed the traditional patties.
I grabbed sweet Hawaiian hamburger buns because I like how they taste with all the other ingredients but you could use a plain one if you prefer.
I grabbed canned pineapple rings, our favorite BBQ sauce, pepper jack cheese slices, red onion and cilantro.
If there are other ingredients you want to add, like tomato or pickles, feel free to make it your own.
How to Make BBQ Pineapple Burgers
Cook the patties. Follow the directions on the box.
Set out all the ingredients so each family member can make their BBQ burgers as they want. Each person can put on what they like and leave off the rest.
Here's how I made my burger with BBQ sauce and fresh pineapple:
- I placed a slice of pepper jack cheese on the patty and put a generous helping of barbecue sauce on first the other side of the bun.
- Then I added pineapple, red onion and cilantro. Because, delicious.
I love recipes like this because you can tailor-make them to your family's specifications.
The burger looked great and it tasted amazing too! Because how could a BBQ Pineapple Burger not be?
I let my kids build their own burgers, which of course included bacon. They both LOVED them! And it all has to do with the flavor of the patty.
My BBQ Pineapple Burger was DELICIOUS! And I instantly started thinking about when we could make these again.
My busy mom brain is full of ideas on how to use these to speed up weeknight meals. And I've heard there are hacks you can do with these patties to use them to make meatloaf as well!
BUBBA Burger patties are also a great lunch idea for moms! While they are super tasty when made on the grill, you can also make them on the stove or in the oven!
If you are trying to eat "cleaner" you can make your own barbecue sauce and use fresh pineapple.
Bubba Burger also offers plant-based options if you don't eat meat.
More fun flavor combinations for burgers
- Swap the barbecue sauce for some teriyaki for a tropical-inspired burger.
- Protein style wrapped in green leaf lettuce
- Chile size with cheese and onions
- Turkey patty with red wine sauce and mushrooms
- Faux "Animal Style" burgers
- In a "chicken parm" style dish over pasta
- The best patty melt, ever
Why I Love Bubba Burger Patties
When I was introduced to BUBBA Burger products, at the Long Beach Grand Prix, I was excited! My burger that day was delicious. My son said it was the best burger he'd ever had.
So, when I found out that these are frozen hamburger patties, I was pretty shocked and delighted since I'm always looking for a shortcut!
I'm always looking for products that are delicious and time-saving and that is totally what BUBBA Burger is. The frozen burger patties are designed to cook from frozen! That's huge for me. I can NEVER remember to thaw anything.
Plus, you can always have these on hand, to use for last-minute meals! That's a huge win for mom.
These patties aren't fussy at all. You put the BUBBA Burger patties on the grill and leave them alone. When the juices start to pool on the top, and run clear, you flip them over to finish cooking. So easy!
We used the original beef patty for these which are made with 100% USDA choice chuck beef. They are so flavorful without being full of flavorings.
What I love about this product is that it is made for convenience but is high quality enough to be the star of the show!
Related: Here's another tasty way to make Bubba Burgers on a Traeger Grill.
Follow Bubba Burger on social media to learn more about their products: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
More quick and easy dinner recipes
- Pepperoncini Pizza with Salami
- 16 Unique Nacho Recipes
- Manwich Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Easy Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Goat Cheese Pizza with Sausage and Brussels Sprouts
- Chicken and Farro in Rosa Sauce
BBQ Pineapple Burger
- 1 can pineapple slices or fresh
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce or homemade
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 package sliced pepper jack cheese
- 1 package Original BUBBA Burger patties
- 1 package Hawaiian sweet hamburger buns
- Cook BUBBA Burger patties according to instructions on the box.
- When cooked through, place patty on bottom half of Hawaiian bun and top with slice of pepper jack cheese.
- On the top half of the bun, spread barbecue sauce (amount to your liking).
- Top with red onion, pineapple and cilantro.
- Carefully place the top half of the bun on top of the burger patty.
Leave a Reply