Try this sunbutter cookie recipe – you will love it! They have the same texture as peanut butter cookies but no peanuts! I’m all about easy desserts but I want to make sure my food-allergic son has options too!
An Allergy-Friendly Cookie
Today I’m sharing this yummy Sunbutter Cookie Recipe. We’ve got a nut allergy in my family and one of the things I’ve missed the most is peanut butter cookies. But when I realized that using Sunbutter tastes so super similar, I figured out how to fill my cookie void.
This is what you will need from the store before you make these scrumptious cookies.
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Baking soda
Nothing special. Just normal cookie making ingredients. And delicious, delightful Sunbutter. There aren’t any special steps. It’s basic cookie making. And a little bit of prayer since my oven runs hot and I, more often than not, burn EVERYTHING.
Turns out my nut allergic sun doesn’t really care for these cookies all that much. But at least I know that when I’m craving a peanut butter cookie, I can make these and make sure that he is safe. And can you imagine these dipped in a nice dark chocolate? Oh yeah!
More Cookie Recipes
Here are some more cookie recipes, since you are in the mood to bake!
Printable Sunbutter Cookie Recipe
Easy Sunbutter Cookies
If you have a peanut allergy in your family, you'll love these delicious Sunbutter cookies!
- 1 cup Sunbutter
- 1 cup butter melted (you can substitute margarine if you have other allergies)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs you can use egg replacer if needed for your allergies
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- extra sugar to roll dough in
- In a stand mixer, mix Sunbutter and butter until creamy.
- Add sugars and eggs and mix well.
- Add baking soda, vanilla and salt and mix well.
- Add flour slowly while mixing.
- Shape dough in to balls.
- In a bowl full of sugar, toss balls to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Flatten balls with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Pin these cookies for Later!
If you are a fan of peanut butter cookies but can’t eat peanuts, you’ll love this easy Sunbutter Cookie Recipe!