What a classy little lunch, right?! That right there is a totally civilized salad and a glass of bubbly totally suited for ladies who lunch. But I get a chance to eat out with my girlfriends about once every six months so I don’t really know any ladies who lunch. I definitely don’t know any who would have a glass of Prosecco at lunch (and I’m totally not judging, I’d really like to know those people. I love day drinking!) So this recipe for Prosecco Vinaigrette feels really special, when in reality it is super easy and pretty darn basic.
For the dressing you will need the ingredients shown above. Pretty much stuff you have lying around your pantry. Except for maybe the Prosecco. Do your self a favor and go buy a bottle. Keep it on hand for that one time you do get to invite your adult friends over and pretend you are fancier than you really are. That is not for their benefit, but yours. Get out of mom mode and turn on your inner socialite. You only need a little bit for the salad so you’ll be able to drink the rest out of fancy flutes (or juice glasses. whatevs).
This dressing is made like most other vinaigrettes. I like to make it in a mason jar so you can shake it up and then store it in the same container.
I’m so fancy…you already know…Sorry. Couldn’t help myself. Add your Prosecco.
I used a fork to really whisk it up followed by a shimmy shake in the jar.
And here is why this is so easy. You can make this ahead of time if you know your friends are coming for lunch. Or you can quickly make it while they are there. You can also not invite anyone over and keep it all to yourself. I love a kale salad but the idea of massaging it and washing it and trimming out the rib is much too much work. So I bought the Taylor Farms bagged kale salad with Brussels sprouts. I ignored the cheese, crouton crumbs and dressing and instead added fresh raspberries, orange segments and almond pieces. SO GOOD! It looks and sounds totally impressive, tastes great and was next to no work at all.
If you are having a large group I would toss the salad with the dressing right before serving. Or you can find a cute tiny pitcher to put the dressing in and have the guests dress their salads themselves. If I was saving this for my lunch for the week, I would keep the dressing in the jar so it is ready to go and rinse the raspberries and section the oranges as needed.
Prosecco Vinaigrette with Kale Salad
For Lemon Prosecco Vinaigrette
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts rinsed and trimmed
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- or 1 bag of Taylor Farms bagged Brussels Sprouts and Kale salad mix - removing the extra toppings bag - if using the measurements above it will make about 6 servings as a side dish or 3-4 as a main dish. The Taylor Farms bag will feed about 4 side dish sized portions or 2 main dish portions
- 2 navel oranges segmented and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
For the dressing
- Whisk together Prosecco, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper with fork in a small bowl or jar.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil until well combined.
For the salad
- Plate kale and Brussels Sprouts.
- Top with orange segments and raspberries.
- Top with chopped almonds.
- Drizzle with dressing just before serving.