In our house, St. Patrick’s Day is all about the kids. But this year I decided that I wanted to have a little fun too.
This flavored whipped cream is a great holiday treat, especially if you don’t want to put much effort in.
Beer Whipped Cream is flavorful and a great dessert topper for things like Guinness Brownies and pudding.
With just 4 ingredients, this alcohol-infused whipped cream is creamy and full of rich, stout beer flavor. You’re going to crave this!
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, I earn from qualifying purchases by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I also participate in affiliate programs for other retailers.
Beer Whipped Cream is delish
If you haven’t yet tried Guinness Whipped Cream, this is the perfect time of year.
It seems like a requirement of St. Patrick’s Day is to add beer to everything. Luckily, these recipes also work great for adult birthday parties and game day entertaining.
Flavored whipped creams are my favorite. They are crazy simple and quick to make and are a fun way to customize whatever dessert you’re trying to jazz up.
Making your own whipped cream is super simple and a fun way to sprinkle in flavor magic. Even just adding sea salt to your regular whipped cream recipe adds the perfect sweet and salty touch to regular brownies.
What does Guinness taste like
Guinness is a dark stout beer that has a malty taste. It has notes of chocolate and coffee which make it perfect for use in baked goods and flavored whipped cream.
This flavored whipped cream also has vanilla bean to give it even more sweetness and another layer of flavor.
How to Make Guinness Stout Flavored Whipped Cream
Maybe you don’t think beer-flavored whipped cream would taste good. But trust me. Give it a try!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 TBSP Guinness Stout Beer
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped (you could use 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract instead)
Fresh vanilla bean might be one of my favorite things ever. It’s super easy to use in this recipe and has the BEST flavor.
Using the vanilla bean means you can see the actual flecks of vanilla throughout the whipped cream. It looks so fancy.
While I prefer to use Guinness you can substitute any dark beer, preferably stout. Those have the most flavor in my opinion.
Powdered sugar is a great way to sweeten homemade whipped cream. It dissolves super easily into the cream and keeps everything really smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (I freaking love my KitchenAid) add cold whipping cream, powdered sugar, beer and vanilla bean.
- Mix on high until soft peaks form (approximately 5 minutes, give or take).
It’s better to under mix than overmix whipped cream. Too long, and it turns into a broken, clumpy mess.
Chill the beer whipped cream until ready to use.
To get the best results, use really cold whipping cream. You can also freeze your metal mixing bowl and beaters.
- 1 cup very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 TBSP Guinness Stout Beer
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- To the bowl of a stand mixer add cold whipping cream, powdered sugar, Guinness beer and vanilla bean.
- Mix on high until soft peaks form, approximately 5 minutes.
For best results, make sure the whipping cream is really cold!
You could use 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract if you don't have vanilla beans.
Make sure to not over mix the whipping cream. It will end up a clumpy mess.
Amount Per Serving Calories 75Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 17mgSodium 5mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 1g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.
I probably wouldn’t give my kids this alcohol flavored whipped cream. The amount of beer they would get from a bite or even several spoonfuls of the stout whipped cream would probably be minuscule. But still.
You’re going to love the unique flavor of this beer whipped cream! It would be super yummy served on top of my warm Chocolate Caramel Dump Cake too.
Homemade flavored whipped cream, like this stout version and Whipped Cream Flavored with Fun Dip, is a great way to add another layer of flavor to your desserts!
Alcohol infused desserts are fun to make for all your adult friends! If you need more easy recipes that would be perfect for serving at a party check out these ideas:
- Guinness Brownies – This super easy Guinness Brownies recipe is infused with stout beer and full of yummy chocolate flavor. The boxed brownie mix makes this quick to make so you can celebrate faster.
- Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes – If you are a fan of wine, these Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes are just what you need. A rich Devil’s Food cake is infused with fruity red wine to make a spiked cupcake that will make you say cheers.
- Moscow Mule Cupcakes – These boozy Moscow Mule Cupcakes are infused with ginger beer, lime, and vodka just like my favorite cocktail recipe! The citrus flavor makes these refreshing and delicious!
- White Russian Cupcakes – If you love the creamy, coffee-infused cocktail recipe, try these alcohol-infused White Russian Cupcakes.
Pin to save homemade whipped cream recipe for later
Make this beer whipped cream recipe for St. Patrick’s Day! With rich, stout beer the flavor is unique and creamy and a great way to enjoy any dessert!