Happy Wednesday! In case you missed it, this week I’m sharing a few delicious summery beverages. Today is Muddled Raspberry Lemonade. Doesn’t that just scream summer?! I know it isn’t technically summer yet it certainly is hot in the streets here in CA. I struggle to get in my 20 gallons of water a day (or however much “they” say we’re supposed to drink). But I love fruit infused waters. What I love about these is that you can easily add more fruit to make it more like traditional lemonade.
I am obsessed with meyer lemons and am so lucky that my parents have a meyer lemon tree. If I could bottle up that smell and wear it as a perfume I would probably do it. And who doesn’t like raspberries?!
My muddlers are one of my favorite kitchen tools, ever. If you don’t have one, get one. Yes, I’m bossy. But I use it for drink stuff like this but it is also much handier for chopping up nuts, etc. A rolling pin can be so big for a job like that. But these are easy to control and store.
I don’t even bother to add a sweetener to mine because I like them really tart. But it is totally up to you. I love to use agave syrup when making cocktails or beverages because it dissolves way easier than sugar. And because I am too lazy to make simple syrup.
How refreshing does this muddled lemonade look?! In case you missed it, you can check out the muddled ginger limeade from Monday’s post here.
And for good measure, here are some other refreshing drink recipes you might enjoy:
Coke-jito , like a mojito but with coke
- 1 lemon (I prefer meyer lemons, I used about 1/2 of a lemon for my drink)
- A small handful of raspberries
- Agave nectar or other sweetener (optional)
- Might also want to top it off with a little club soda or other fizzy water.
- Cut lemon in half and then each half in to quarters.
- Add cut lemon and raspberries to a glass.
- Add sweetener if using.
- Muddle the fruit together.
- Top with ice and add water.
- Stir and enjoy.
- Play around with flavors to meet your needs.