This delicious, summery recipe for Muddled Raspberry Lemonade is so quick and easy to make! All you need to make this simple 3-ingredient fruity lemonade recipe is some fresh fruit and your choice of sweetener, which you can also leave out to make this drink added sugar-free!
Have you made muddled lemonade before?
Doesn't the name Muddled Raspberry Lemonade just scream summer?!
Even if it isn't technically summer, it can certainly get hot in the streets here in CA. I struggle to get in my 20 gallons of water a day (or however much "they" say we're supposed to drink).
You've heard of spa water? Well, this is a similar idea. The longer you leave the fruit to sit in the water, the more bold the flavor will be.
This isn't going to be the same as traditional lemonade. You'll muddle the lemons as if this is a mojito recipe. And it's much less sweet.
Related: Tangerine Basil Water
I love fruit-infused waters. Adding fresh fruits (or even herbs) to drinks is a great way to add tons more flavor without any more work.
You can keep things from getting boring by mixing up what types of fruits you use. And it's SO refreshing to sip on one of these infused fruit waters when the days are hot.
I am obsessed with Meyer lemons and am so lucky that my parents have a Meyer lemon tree. If I could bottle up that smell and wear it as perfume I would probably do it. And who doesn't like raspberries?!
Of course, if you don't have Meyer lemons you can use regular lemons, but you might want to add a little more sweetener.
Fresh raspberries give add a generally fruity flavor and such a pretty color. But you can easily use blackberries or strawberries instead.
I don't even bother to add a sweetener to mine because I like them really tart. But it is totally up to you. I love to use agave syrup when making cocktails or beverages because it dissolves way easier than sugar.
And because most of the time I am too lazy to make simple syrup.
I will also note that this won't taste like traditional lemonade. It's more just lemon-kissed. And the sweetener is added for ease of drinking.
My muddlers are one of my favorite bar tools, ever. If you don't have one, get one. Yes, I'm bossy.
How to make Muddled Raspberry Lemonade
Add the cut lemons and fresh raspberries to the bottom of a glass or jar.
Muddle the fruit. Press down with the muddler on the fruit and then make a quarter turn to the right.
You're not trying to pulverize the fruit. Muddling helps to release the oils from the citrus skin and to macerate the berries.
Add the water and give it a little stir.
Super easy. And super delicious! Always take a sip and then adjust the flavor to your preferences. Need more sweetener? Add it! Want more berry flavor? Add more fruit!
I promise you will be drinking these all summer. And probably even in the winter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Blackberries would be super yummy instead of raspberries. Strawberries would also work but be sure to hull and quarter them before muddling with the lemon.
Don't worry, regular lemons will work in this recipe but you may want to add a little more sweetener to taste.
As this is more of an infused water it might not work as a cocktail, but why not try my Ginger Tequila Lemonade recipe instead?
- Add a little fizz by using club soda or sparkling water instead of flat water.
- Want it to be more like traditional lemonade? Add more lemon juice and less water then sip and adjust the sweetener until you find your perfect balance. Check out this lemonade by the glass recipe for help.
- To get an even more pronounced berry flavor try making a flavored simple syrup! Here's my blackberry simple syrup recipe but you can make it with raspberries instead.
- Blueberry Lemonade (all natural ingredients!)
- Lavender Lemonade Recipe (with homemade lavender syrup)
- Blackberry Whiskey Lemonade Recipe
- Easy Moscow Mule (made with lemonade!)
- Rose Wine Lemonade Cocktail
- Infused Wine (with fruit and herbs)
Save this and pin it for later!
If you want to save this recipe make sure you Pin it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. If you make this recipe make sure to tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Muddled Raspberry Infused Lemonade
- 1 lemon I prefer meyer lemons, I used about ½ of a lemon for my drink
- A small handful of raspberries
- Agave nectar or other sweetener optional
- club soda or other fizzy water, for topping off
- Cut lemon in half and then each half in to quarters.
- Add cut lemon and raspberries to a glass.
- Add sweetener if using.
- Muddle the fruit together.
- Top with ice and add water.
- Stir and enjoy.
- Play around with flavors to meet your needs.
This is my kind of drink! Totally made my mouth water and perfect for the Florida heat too. ;)
Let's talk about how awesome that napkin is...