Spaghetti and meatballs is our go-to meal for busy weeknights. It’s super easy to make and my family actually loves it. But I’m SO bored with spaghetti! There’s no way I’m giving up our quick and easy pasta night for something more difficult, though. I just found the perfect easy weeknight pasta dinner idea that I have to share with you! It’s really simple but comes across a little bit fancy. It’s nice to make your family think you slaved for them once in a while even if you totally didn’t!
Why I love this Quick and Easy Pasta for Weeknights
This Butternut Squash Ravioli dish is crazy full of flavor and can be made in about 20 minutes. That’s what mama likes!This meal comes together really fast thanks to two store-bought items plus a few extra ingredients to jazz it up. The Giovanni Rana Butternut Squash Ravioli and Alfredo Sauce are the key ingredients in the dish. They are made with natural ingredients and are high quality which means that you can’t go wrong with these as your base. Find them in the refrigerated section of your grocery store and prepare to blow minds with this simple, yet tasty weeknight pasta dinner. Salty prosciutto, fresh rosemary and crunchy almonds add some additional texture and flavor to the sweet squash filled pasta. Cooking doesn’t have to be hard or time-consuming. I am a huge proponent of fast meals. But I also want them to be delicious. This Butternut Squash Ravioli dinner comes together quickly and tastes amazing. My favorite part is that you can crisp up the prosciutto at the same time the ravioli is boiling. No part of this meal is fussy which means you don’t have to hover over the stove and can be free to help with homework.The ravioli took only a few minutes to cook and were so tender! Bringing the store-bought sauce to temperature can be done in the same skillet as the prosciutto and a 1/4 cup of pasta water thins it out to the perfect consistency.
Finish off each plate with a little bit of the toppings and dinner is done. It seems like you’ve put a lot of effort in to it when really IT WAS SO EASY! This meal would be a great weeknight pasta dinner for the family (although the bag of ravioli shown above serves about 2 so you’ll need two bags for a family of 4! But you can probably get away with one container of alfredo sauce). This is also a great idea for a date night in with your hubby. It’s easy to make but elevated from your normal spaghetti dinner.Giovanni Rana has a bunch of awesome, fresh products that will help you serve your family a delicious weeknight pasta dinner without any stress. And while they do make spaghetti, they have a variety of filled pastas, noodles and sauces that will keep dinner fast without any fuss.And if there are any leftovers, they make a perfect lunch the next day! The crunch of the almonds and crispy prosciutto are the perfect match for the slightly sweet ravioli! Check out more great weeknight pasta dinner ideas, and recipes, on the Giovanni Rana site!
I was sent pasta and sauce, by Giovanni Rana, to try out.
Quick and Easy Pasta Dinner | Butternut Squash Ravioli
- 1 (10-ounce) package Giovanni Rana Butternut Squash Ravioli
- 1 (10-ounce) container Giovanni Rana Alfredo Sauce
- 2 ounces (8-10 thin slices) prosciutto, rough chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons toasted chopped almonds
- chopped fresh rosemary for garnish
- Start a pot of water to boil on the stove.
- In a separate large skillet, add chopped prosciutto and heat until it begins to crisp.
- When water boils, cook the Ravioli according to package instructions and drain, reserving about ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Remove prosciutto from the skillet and keep it in a bowl until ready to plate.
- In the same skillet, warm the Alfredo Sauce over medium-high heat.
- Add the finished Ravioli and toss to coat, adding the reserved pasta cooking water a little at a time to loosen the sauce if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the Ravioli among plates and garnish with the chopped prosciutto, almonds and rosemary.
- [Original Recipe from Giovanni Rana Pasta|http://www.giovanniranausa.com/recipes/butternut-squash-ravioli-alfredo-with-prosciutto-and-chopped-pecans.html]
Amount Per Serving Calories 158Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 35mgSodium 345mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 5g