How to Make Valentine’s Day Pillows
Valentine’s Day IS hearts. Plain and simple. I wanted to make a cute little token of love for my kids and didn’t want to give them any more candy. I love to use fabric in my crafts and has these cute patterns laying around. I decided to make some mini heart-shaped pillows for them. But I don’t know how to sew so…these are extra simple to make with just a little glue!
I only share things I love and think you will too. This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase through one of these links, I am compensated.
No Sew Heart Shaped Pillows are Easy!
Fabric adhesive means that you don’t ever have to pull out a sewing machine. It’s the lazy crafter’s (like me!) best friend! One thing to keep in mind, though, is that these no-sew heart pillows won’t be heirloom quality. The hold will be pretty permanent but if your kids are rough with these, or try to pull them apart, they will totally be able to.
I’m pretty sure that if your kids are like mine, they’d rather open these up and play with the stuffing like snowballs.
Supplies needed for these cute fabric hearts:
Steps to make heart pillows:
• Choose your favorite fabrics (scraps are totally fine!).
• Use a paper heart (printed out or freehandedd) to create a template. I made a smaller heart to decorate the front of the pillow.
• Trace the hearts on the fabric making sure to leave at least 1/2″ overhang, all the way around, on the larger hearts only. (The smaller, decorative heart doesn’t need an overhang).
• Remove the backing of one permanent fabric sheet and place it on the back side of the smaller heart, making sure to smooth out any bubbles or lumps.
• Cut out the smaller heart following the outline (Because this is going on the front of the heart pillows, I wanted to make sure I could see the tracing. I just tried to cut just on the inside of the line so you wouldn’t see it on the finished pillow).• Remove the second side of the adhesive sheet and stick it to one of the larger heart pieces.
• Turn over the heart and use a small section of the permanent tape. I wanted to make sure that the fabric would hold together but leave an overhang around the edge. I just liked that it looked a little floppy.
• Once the shape is finished, peel off the back to expose the adhesive.
• Match up the edges, as best as you can, of the second heart and rub to get the tape to adhere really well. See that one little open spot at the bottom? That is where you will stuff the pillow.
• So then, duh. Stuff the pillow. You only need a little bit of stuffing so you may have to search Pinterest for other stuffed crafts. You’ll be stuffing everything!
• Once you have it as full as you would like it, use another small piece of the tape to close off the opening.
Valentine’s Day Pillows Are Such a Cute Gift Idea!
Pretty cute, right?
How cute would these be as a little bedtime surprise on Valentine’s Day for the kids? Or even on your hubby’s pillow.
Super easy, no-sew heart shaped pillows. I want these all over my house.
He liked them too. If you like things all nice and neat use some pinking sheers or some of that fabric edger stuff that stops the fraying. You know I like my stuff a little messy so these wayward strings do not bother me. Just imagine all the adorable fabric combinations you can make!
Make Your Own Fabric Heart Pillows!
Pin these Valentine’s Day Pillows for Later:
You may also like these other Valentine’s Day Ideas:
• Fun Dip Whipped Cream to top your kid’s drinks!
• Make a Hanging Balloon Valentine for your kiddos.
• Popsicle Stick Hearts are the cutest.
• Felt Heart Finger Puppets DIY for a fun kids activity.